What's new

Rip neighbor

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
They say the two most dangerous years in a person's life are the first year after birth and the first year after retirement. Too bad about your neighbour. Very sad situation. It seems mental health is a big challenge for a lot of people. We live in a world of increasing isolation and loneliness. Internet is a wonderful thing, but its claim of bringing people closer together is a bit hollow. I believe it leads to more isolation. No easy answers.
Agreed... My forced retirement a little over a year ago has been exceedingly difficult. Family has saved me.

FarmerTan

I might add, B&B has been a Godsend. You gentlemen putting up with me has helped more than you know.

Thanks for saying, FarmerTan. I had no idea! You are a valued member on B&B as far as I cam concerned and I have enjoyed your posts immensely.

I would encourage folks considering suicide to reach out on B&B, but I do not think B&B wants any potential liability for that kind of scenario. But certainly, to me, participating in B&B is a nice social outlet, good for all of our senses of connection and well-being. It is for me!

4YI: Suicide is an act of despair. It says the situation is hopeless, it will not improve, tomorrow will be worse. There is no good outcome. There are no good options. All is lost.

FarmerTan

4YI: Suicide is an act of despair. It says the situation is hopeless, it will not improve, tomorrow will be worse. There is no good outcome. There are no good options. All is lost.
Pretty much nails it. Despair is the right word. Thankfully I am no longer there. I'm in a better frame of mind now than I've ever been in. But a depressive soul never assumes that depression is ever completely beaten.... just beaten back.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great insight thanks all
Ive learned some more info. The widow across the street saw him fri, sat and Sunday and didn't pick up on anything. He had a mortgage on the house and apparently over the last year or so he had an on-line relationship with a man who was asking him for money. Apparently he forked over something like 6 figures or more to this character.

FarmerTan

Great insight thanks all
Ive learned some more info. The widow across the street saw him fri, sat and Sunday and didn't pick up on anything. He had a mortgage on the house and apparently over the last year or so he had an on-line relationship with a man who was asking him for money. Apparently he forked over something like 6 figures or more to this character.
Just sad all around. I've been in some dark places, had patients that ended their own lives, and sometimes there are no signs. The one I can remember looking back was having the feeling that the person seemed to be looking/acting better than they had been. Textbook case of someone having resolved to finally do something and being at peace. Thank God I never had any peace like that. And my wife picked up signs I had no idea I was showing. I pray the tenant and the lady across the street can find peace. Just all so sad.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
In a way im in a bubble not seeing how prevalent this is
I mentioned this to a woman in the office and she told her brother committed suicide after getting out of prison.
As she was saying you never know what people are thinking or whats going on in homes next door she described how the tv news came to her door once to ask about her neighbor who was arrested for making $100 bills. And i was thinking i had no idea she had a brother.
She also mentioned that for a few weeks prior he was light and in agood mood
The signs are indeed confusing and opaque
Apparently the deceased had 2 brothers who. Are coming in from the uk and are going to stay at the house while presumably settling his affairs.
Again so tragic for all involved

My FIL shot himself in the shed behind his house. My wife and 2 year old son busted past the police officer just as he opened the door. She has not recovered and he still has nightmares. This was 11 years ago. He was sick. He made his choice. His choice derailed our lives. Every plan we had up in flames.

I’m sorry it touched your life but don’t look for answers because they aren’t there. All you can do is be there for the lady across the street.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My FIL shot himself in the shed behind his house. My wife and 2 year old son busted past the police officer just as he opened the door. She has not recovered and he still has nightmares. This was 11 years ago. He was sick. He made his choice. His choice derailed our lives. Every plan we had up in flames.

I’m sorry it touched your life but don’t look for answers because they aren’t there. All you can do is be there for the lady across the street.
Very sorry to hear this
i think you are right there are no answers

Thoughts: Teenagers are at risk, because at that age the world is screwed up, and God knows you are, too. Middle age brings disappointments galore; things not accomplished, mostly. Old age means health concerns and the thought it is too late to fix the things you messed up. For those who are a bit optimistic, it is the thought that maybe, just maybe tomorrow could be better that keeps us still swinging at pitches. And, there are still chores that need doing.

Mac

Top Bottom