What's new

Review of the Yaqi Moka Express (24mm Mew Brown knot)

Great review and pics what a nice brush
I have the mysterious space model and it shed like crazy hopefully they send you a replacement

I don't think this is an issue at all. The fibres are very densely packed and there are lots off them. It was only a couple on the the first use and I've had no further loss since.

Handle is hefty not hollow like some of the Omega range. Has a sticky when wet kinda feel to it even when dry. Used it this morning used a cheap cream and it gave me a super lather. Soft on the face and feels good in the hand.

I know the price has gone up during the week but mine came in at a little over £18 inc delivery.

Thanks for the information, sounds like a very nice brush. Surprised to hear the price has already gone up though. I just ordered a new Vie-Long yesterday, think I'll wait until I get a feel for that one before I buy something else.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I don't think this is an issue at all. The fibres are very densely packed and there are lots off them. It was only a couple on the the first use and I've had no further loss since.
excellent good to hear
my situation must have been an odd ball losing 2-5 a shave

excellent good to hear
my situation must have been an odd ball losing 2-5 a shave

Fortunately mine has stopped shedding (6-10 hair loss at most), but G. Chen did not offer a replacement, just a big discount on the next buy (she gave no figure though).

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Fortunately mine has stopped shedding (6-10 hair loss at most), but G. Chen did not offer a replacement, just a big discount on the next buy (she gave no figure though).
I always forget about a future discount
Hopefully your is reached an end point on losing hairs

I aint lost a single fibre from mine. Its been a super brush and seems to like all the cheap soaps, creams I own.

Great review @Cristobal , glad you like the design. Just to clarify I am the guy who gave Yaqi the idea for the handle, the design obviously belongs to Bialetti this was during a contest made on their Facebook group. I got one of the prototypes, a 24 mm chubby silvertip badger.
And I am from México, not Italy still love my Moka pot.
Regards

Attachments

• IMG_20180310_155112_processed.jpg
    IMG_20180310_155112_processed.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 84
Great review and pics what a nice brush
I have the mysterious space model and it shed like crazy hopefully they send you a replacement
I have one of them and I am very happy with it, sheds a hair occasionally, but nothing serious. Easy to lather and soft on the face. I would have bought more from them, without second thought, but its a concern if they are not consistent.

Great review @Cristobal , glad you like the design. Just to clarify I am the guy who gave Yaqi the idea for the handle, the design obviously belongs to Bialetti this was during a contest made on their Facebook group. I got one of the prototypes, a 24 mm chubby silvertip badger.
Regards

That was your design?
Fantastic!!
It's one of my all time favorite handles!
I love the look, I love the ergonomics and since I love coffee...I love the moka pot design!!

Two thumbs up for you!!

Regards
Very cool! Nice job coming up with the idea. :a14:
And that's a sweet looking silvertip in your prototype.

That was your design?
Fantastic!!
It's one of my all time favorite handles!
I love the look, I love the ergonomics and since I love coffee...I love the moka pot design!!

Two thumbs up for you!!

Thanks but it was just the idea (and the 3D CAD model ) the design belongs to Alfonso Bialetti :001_tongu

Very cool! Nice job coming up with the idea. :a14:
And that's a sweet looking silvertip in your prototype.

Thanks, this prototype was intended as a chubby brush for face lathering (24x55) but they decided that the bowl latherers is a bigger market :001_rolle hence the bigger handles and lofts on the final ones.

Thanks but it was just the idea (and the 3D CAD model ) the design belongs to Alfonso Bialetti :001_tongu

Thanks, this prototype was intended as a chubby brush for face lathering (24x55) but they decided that the bowl latherers is a bigger market :001_rolle hence the bigger handles and lofts on the final ones.

Taking Bialetti's design and applying it to a shaving brush is genius enough for me! :)

Sometimes, this abstract application of an idea works out very nicely!

My two band is 26mm/54mm and the knot is quite dense. It's perfect for face lathering.

Top Bottom