What's new

Review of Pereira shavery soap

For me it's automatically inferior, and I don't have to try it to know that. Because I am sensitive to SLS, it's a non-starter.
I'm not the only person sensitive to it, either. Sensitivity to SLS is not rare.

As an example, I have seborrhea, which causes a lot of dandruff. I went to medicated shampoos for years with partial success. Finally I went to a dermatologist and got prescription anti-fungal shampoo, which worked a bit better, but was still not curative.

Made the switch to a shampoo bar without any foaming agents/detergents in it and my dandruff was gone in about two weeks. That was about 6 years ago.

Another example: I used to get a lot of canker sores. They hurt like crazy and lasted almost a week before they resolved. Switched to a toothpaste without SLS or SLES and the canker sores are gone.
For those who are not sensitive and don't have a problem with it, enjoy it.

If I were you I would definitely stay away from it. Glad you found a solution to your problem.
As I mentioned earlier, I prefer soaps that contain SLS.

I just used this soap again today and it just amazes me. It makes a rich thick lather with no effort at all. The scent is very pleasing also. It has an orange - cinnamon scent. To me this soap is a win-win situation. Produces a great lather with a great scent. You guys/gals have to try this. I love it.

Pereiras Soap00.JPG

Older thread but needs added to...

SOTD
FACE SHAVE
Feather DX Kamasori
Feather ProGuard x2
Chubby 2 Best Badger
Pereira Shavery Water Blossom Charcoal Soap
Face lather​
Slow leisurely shave today. Needed to trim up the Goatee thus the Kamasori. The Kamasori is better than a DE for trimming the Goatee and setting lines. Great BBS shave. Only 1 weeper in my trouble spot. No redness or irritation. Post shave was A&E St. Barts AS balm. It went nicely with the Pereira. If you haven't used Pereira yet it is black but lathers to a gray, add more water and when it goes white the slickness and residual slickness is great! Unfortunately on some reviews people dont add enough water to take it to its potential. Scent is a strong masculine floral I can't compare to anything else. Wish they made a AS balm. Great for Spring and Summer. 5th time with the Kamasori and feel I need more practice but overall I cannot complain. Blades are very sharp, take your time. Pereira says it is a cream but it is a soap, treat it as such. Very hard. Bloomed for 5 minutes. 10th use hardly any is gone. It is different but also an excellent soap once dialed in. Not many reviews but makes my top 5. DE shaves have been great with the Pereira. Give it a go, just add water until white!
20190628_111015.jpg

Nice write-up, but it is called a kamisori, not a kamasori.
Kami means hair, and soru is the verb for cut. So kamisori is a razor because it cuts hair.

Freeberg usually gives good reviews on everything. If he says the lather is not up to snuff I would believe him. It could have been that old cruddy razor he was using though.

This is my favorite soap without a doubt. It makes great lather with no effort at all. I just can't believe how good it is.
You will never know until you try it.

This is my favorite soap without a doubt. It makes great lather with no effort at all. I just can't believe how good it is.
You will never know until you try it.
I agree. It really should be more popular than it is. They are coming out with another scent soon. Forgot who done a review on it. Gave it very high marks.

BIRTHDAY SOTD
REVISIT
Head and Face

Timeless Titanium .95OC
Astra SP x1
Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger
Pereira Shavery Water Blossom
Captain's Choice Bowl
Revisit a old favorite for the Bday shave. Pereira Shavery Water Blossom soap. Fantastic 2 pass shave with pickup on face and head. Postshave was the extra lather and then Thayers Unscented WH. The Perrerias is still in top 4. This soap doesn't get many reviews but it is great slickness and residual slickness. Scent is wonderful but not strong after rinsing. Light floral Fougere that lasts.
20190824_104502.jpg

Top Bottom