What's new

Review of D.R. Harris A/S Milk

P1010081.JPG

Gents,
For some reason DR Harris products tend to be quite mysterious, in that many gents use them, but the vast majority of us talk about them rather infrequently, and their products are rarely photographed or reviewed. DR Harris a/s milk is their most talked about item - and hopefully I will be able to unlock a bit of the mystery!

As you can see above, the product comes in a nice, well made, handsome - yet simple box. On the back there is a little story of the creation of DR Harris.

P1010082.JPG

Pic of ingredients
P1010086.JPG

Nice - double lined box...
P1010087.JPG

Head on....
P1010088.JPG

"Milky" product
P1010089.JPG

Back of bottle...
P1010091.JPG

Front of bottle...
P1010092.JPG

Review:
It is my opinion that DR Harris a/s milk is wonderful stuff - but with that said, I also feel it is a bit overrated. It has somewhat of a muddled, disjointed fragarance to it, and it is a bit difficult/tricky to apply, and I typically find myself using too much of it, hence resulting in an oily residue. It soothes the skin rather well, and feel wonderful as you apply it.... this is certainly among the "best" aftershave products, but what REALLY slaughters this product is its cost... it is just too expensive, as most DR Harris products are. This is in no way superior to C&E a/s balm, Proraso liquid cream, proraso pre/post, or CAR a/s moisture cream, and all of the aformentioned products will last longer - and end up being a much better value than the DR Harris a/s milk. I would say the DR Harris is on par with the proraso liquid cream, pre/post and C&E, but it simply can't touch CAR's moisture cream... but then again, what can?

Thanks for the review Joel. I agree that Milk is overpriced. Nevertheless, I have used it for about 1.5 years and will continue using it. It works well and the scent evaporates rather quickly.

For a better value consider Baxter Aftershave Balm. Costs only $15 for the same amount as Milk.

Gramps said:
Great revir=ew Joel,
Thanks.
It's great that you have access to all these products and can give us the pics and knowledeable reviews. Some of us will never see these products, but if we do, at some point, get a chance to order 1 or 2 of them, we have a good idea of what would probably be a good bet!

- Gramps

Gramps,
Get this.... I have about 30-40 items to review stacked up, aftershaves, tonics, colognes, shaving creams etc - so you can expect a spankin' new review almost every day for the next month or two! Cool cool eh? Brett G. is still planning on sending me the Shave Master brush to evaluate when he gets it back - so expect a cool review of that VS a Simpson Polo 12, Shavemac XXL, and Rooney Silvertip!!

Should be some cool things in the future!

Joel I would like to try different aftershave but am hesitant because of my dry skin and some still leave me flakey, would this be a product to stear clear of for excessivly dry fellas.

joel said:
Gramps,
Get this.... I have about 30-40 items to review stacked up, aftershaves, tonics, colognes, shaving creams etc - so you can expect a spankin' new review almost every day for the next month or two! Cool cool eh? Brett G. is still planning on sending me the Shave Master brush to evaluate when he gets it back - so expect a cool review of that VS a Simpson Polo 12, Shavemac XXL, and Rooney Silvertip!!

Should be some cool things in the future!

Joel, this reviewing queue must be very burdensome to you. You can send all of them my way and I would be happy to unburden you out of the goodness of my heart. :wink:

I would say the DR Harris is on par with the proraso liquid cream, pre/post and C&E, but it simply can't touch CAR's moisture cream... but then again, what can?

Hi Joel
The above is a quote from your review of the Aftershave Milk from Harris. What's the story with CAR's moisture cream?
Thanks,
Mahesh

alchemist said:
I would say the DR Harris is on par with the proraso liquid cream, pre/post and C&E, but it simply can't touch CAR's moisture cream... but then again, what can?

Hi Joel
The above is a quote from your review of the Aftershave Milk from Harris. What's the story with CAR's moisture cream?
Thanks,
Mahesh

What's the story? I guess I don't know what you are asking?

This was taken from the "my foray into the world of method shaving" post

"Aftershave Moisturizing cream – Best/most economical, most efficacious moisturizer/balm I have ever used – bar none. Hands down MUST have. Smells like whatever added scent and olive oil or something. The peppermint scented moisturizer has an incredible “cooling” effect, most “in your face” cooling effect I have experienced."

Not much to describe.... it is a white cream, that has an incredible soothing effect, and provides a very deep, hearty moisturizing properties. In my opinion, and in many others, there is no finer a/s preperation. I easily have 20 aftershaves, not one of which is superior to the CAR a/s moisture cream.

I am not sure I understand your question. Their phone number and brick and mortor address is on there home page.

Austin said:
I am not sure I understand your question. Their phone number and brick and mortor address is on there home page.

Sorry, what I meant to say was that I can't find the link to the CAR a/s moisture cream on their website. Do you have to call to order it?

roughrider said:
Sorry, what I meant to say was that I can't find the link to the CAR a/s moisture cream on their website. Do you have to call to order it?

RR, it is being marketed under the hydrolast brand. Charles, owner of enchante, is the inventor/marketer of this product.

Charles rebrands this product under his Hydrolast line. It is actually made by Naprodis of San Diego CA. You can call them directly and purchase it for a bit less. http://www.naprodis.com. The A/S cream is not on their site so you have to call and ask. It's available in the same scents enchante offers as well. Same holds true for his "cube" and his "shave paste."

fisherc said:
Charles rebrands this product under his Hydrolast line. It is actually made by Naprodis of San Diego CA. You can call them directly and purchase it for a bit less. http://www.naprodis.com. The A/S cream is not on their site so you have to call and ask. It's available in the same scents enchante offers as well. Same holds true for his "cube" and his "shave paste."

I was told he has a close relation with the owner of that firm, and that his products are different. Have you tried both side by side?

Top Bottom