What's new

Retail availability of DE blades

Yesterday, I stopped in at Bartell's and, while there, decided to scope out the shaving section, mainly in hopes that they would have set out the new VdH luxury set a couple days early. Well, no such luck, but . . .

There was an elderly gentleman there (definition of elderly = older than me) who was searching, somewhat unsuccessfully, for his usual DE blades. Finally, he located a store clerk and together thay found a couple of packs all but lost in the maze of disposables, carts, and canned goo. During the search process, I heard him comment to the clerk, "Maybe they don't make them anymore."

I wonder what I should have done / said. I know what I would like to have done - hand him a small sampler of various brands of DE blades, but maybe not in the store itself. And unfortunately I didn't have any with me in my car. Or maybe just hand him a card with the B&B web address on it.

So what would you do or say? And what would you like to have done or said?

I would have told him about this community and told him that they are readily available online.

I'd tell him they are still made and are usually available in most stores that stock shaving products. If that store didn't have them, I'd let him know the ones in the area I know carry them.

Yes I would have let him know they are readily available, but some elderly are not comfortable with computers. if that was the case here, I'd try to make some local suggestions for him. Hate tot see him paying for carts.

Walmart has the Wilkinsons of course; depending on which Bartell's you were in, it may not be that far. The Wilkies are probably cheaper than the drugstore kind anyway.

My suggestion is letting him know about this place and how the blades are available everywhere.

I would personally check barbershops better than retail places. Most barbers carry the blades for cutting and some even sell them. I guess you can start a search from there. I know barbershops who sale a large variety of blades in my area.

Top Bottom