What's new

Renaming LOSERville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people should rep whatever they want. L.O.S.E.R has been around for over a year now. It's not like one has to sign a document or pay a fee. it's just letters in a signature. If most of the people like L.O.S.E.R, then keep it. If someone doesn't like it, and wants to use something else, I say go for it. I guess I just don't know why it needs to be changed because a few people don't like the name.

I have a hard time believing that old school users, of single edge razors, give a hoot about a group that really isn't an official group anyway. None of these groups are. A member starts something and people put something in their sig.

I think there should be a poll to see if the majority want a name change, then go about suggestions for a new name, if the majority wants one.

I think people should rep whatever they want. L.O.S.E.R has been around for over a year now. It's not like one has to sign a document or pay a fee. it's just letters in a signature. If most of the people like L.O.S.E.R, then keep it. If someone doesn't like it, and wants to use something else, I say go for it. I guess I just don't know why it needs to be changed because a few people don't like the name.

I have a hard time believing that old school users, of single edge razors, give a hoot about a group that really isn't an official group anyway. None of these groups are. A member starts something and people put something in their sig.

This seems to make a lot of sense.

The facts are one man used LOSER and the the sheeping behavior kicked in...the name has no seal of any group approval. The namer has since departed. AWOL for the LOSER.

So, NOW we are considering a group identity, complete with naming contest. Play along or do your own thing.

I think there should be a poll to see if the majority want a name change, then go about suggestions for a new name, if the majority wants one.

THIS $arrow_up_hover.png

The facts are one man used LOSER and the the sheeping behavior kicked in...the name has no seal of any group approval. The namer has since departed. AWOL for the LOSER.

So, NOW we are considering a group identity, complete with naming contest. Play along or do your own thing.
Everyone that does not agree with you has some kind of problem, they are bitter, angry, sheep, blah, blah, blah. I think LOSER is clever and descriptive and doubt anyone is going to come up with a better, catchier name. If someone does I will admit it. At the end of the day people can self identify and use whatever term for themselves that they wish. They could even use two in one post and who am I to judge? I am an individual and will probably use the LOSER name just because it is that good. It is funny how you call people sheep....yet in the same post are seeking approval for a GROUP identity. :thumbdown

Last edited:
I like LOSER myself. It's witty and slightly sarcastic.
Someone can call me anything they want, that doesn't make it so.

Acronyms are silly anyway. ;-)

retturn2blades:

Wrong, someone started a thread, just like every other group. It's 70 pages long and over a year old. There hasn't been a push to change it until you decided you didn't like it. For some reason, you feel like the name is beneath you or somehow insults you personally. Nobody knows who you are, what you look like or where you live unless you want them to. I don't think the majority of members look at the name the way you do,( some have stated so in this thread ) or there would have been a push to change it a long time ago.

You said that if the majority wanted the name you would agree to keep it. Put up a poll and see how it goes. If the majority want to change it, fine. If not the name should stay.

If the majority want the name and you don't want to be a part of it, then start your own group. Nothing says you can't start your own because these groups couldn't be less official.

retturn2blades:

I realize that you don't like the name, and there's nothing wrong with that. Others, however, may not have the same opinion. I just feel like the contest to rename it is a little " cart before the horse " considering there hasn't been a poll to find out if the majority even want a change.

retturn2blades:

I realize that you don't like the name, and there's nothing wrong with that. Others, however, may not have the same opinion. I just feel like the contest to rename it is a little " cart before the horse " considering there hasn't been a poll to find out if the majority even want a change.
You're talking to the wrong man. Haggises started this renaming contest thread. I'm just posting like you are...just another commenter. I offered prizes if the name changes...that's the extent of my involvement beyond commenting.

You're talking to the wrong man. Haggises started this renaming contest thread. I'm just posting like you are...just another commenter. I offered prizes if the name changes...that's the extent of my involvement beyond commenting.

I think it's a little unfair to pretend that you didn't get the ball rolling on this.

I, being the one who first rebelled against "LOSERS," support and concur with Haggises on the renaming contest. .

I don't know why the thread was started, but it seems like Haggises liked the original name, unless he changed his mind after starting this thread.

LOSER (hey, I like it even if no-one else does)

Again I don't have a problem with changing the name, If the majority of the members want it changed. I'm just not convinced that the majority do.

THIS View attachment 340624

Everyone that does not agree with you has some kind of problem, they are bitter, angry, sheep, blah, blah, blah. I think LOSER is clever and descriptive and doubt anyone is going to come up with a better, catchier name. If someone does I will admit it. At the end of the day people can self identify and use whatever term for themselves that they wish. They could even use two in one post and who am I to judge? I am an individual and will probably use the LOSER name just because it is that good. It is funny how you call people sheep....yet in the same post are seeking approval for a GROUP identity. :thumbdown
A rookie with all of 24 posts and already you've chosen who you want to stalk and act macho with.

I think it's a little unfair to pretend that you didn't get the ball rolling on this.

I don't know why the thread was started, but it seems like Haggises liked the original name, unless he changed his mind after starting this thread.

Again I don't have a problem with changing the name, If the majority of the members want it changed. I'm just not convinced that the majority do.
I think we hear your points since you've restated them here yet again. If Haggises wants to listen to you, he will. If not, the naming suggestions will continue I would imagine. Unfair or not, this is not my thread. I'm not the OP.

I got the ball rolling on this. Me.
Jeff has never particularly liked the LOSER tag and has said so for some time. I didn't realize we were "sheep".
I saw a push for renaming in the Loser thread. I ran with it even though I am perfectly content with LOSER. I was going to start a poll with the best suggestions but that three or four of you want to start a skirmish over it, maybe we'll just leave well enough alone.
Remember where you are, "gents". Please return to your corners and then please stay there.

Good grief.

I got the ball rolling on this. Me.
Jeff has never particularly liked the LOSER tag and has said so for some time. I didn't realize we were "sheep".
I saw a push for renaming in the Loser thread. I ran with it even though I am perfectly content with LOSER. I was going to start a poll with the best suggestions but that three or four of you want to start a skirmish over it, maybe we'll just leave well enough alone.
Remember where you are, "gents". Please return to your corners and then please stay there.

Good grief.

For the record, I don't have any animosity towards retturn2blades. I was just clearing up some inaccuracies in his statements. I'd buy him a beer anytime. I don't have a problem with changing the name, I just stated my reasons so they were on the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom