What's new

Remember Them......

Just take a moment today. And remember those that made today possible for all of us.

View attachment 984207
Remember Them......
Safe Holiday and happy shaves to all...

View attachment 984208

My Dad, as a fighting soldier in the 29th infantry division, landed on Omaha Beach on the morning of D-Day 6/6/44. For me and my family, Memorial Day was always an opportunity to hear Dad's stories of the invasion and his tender memories of “all my buddies who were killed on the beach.” And when he taught me how to shave, he often told stories about “shaving in the barracks.”

God bless every man and woman who made the ultimate sacrifice defending the USA. May their memories be a blessing for their families and for all of us !

To all those who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms. Never forget that my family is here because of these brave souls and veterans. Amen

My Dad, as a fighting soldier in the 29th infantry division, landed on Omaha Beach on the morning of D-Day 6/6/44. For me and my family, Memorial Day was always an opportunity to hear Dad's stories of the invasion and his tender memories of “all my buddies who were killed on the beach.” And when he taught me how to shave, he often told stories about “shaving in the barracks.”

God bless every man and woman who made the ultimate sacrifice defending the USA. May their memories be a blessing for their families and for all of us !
My grandfather landed after your father, with the 15th FA Battalion.
The 15th FA BN landed at Omaha Beach near St. Laurent-Sur-Mer, France, on D Day +1(7 June 1944), following the 1st and 29th Infantry Divisions landings in France.
The 15th FA BN fought for 73 straight days in support of the 2nd Infantry Division throughout Normandy without a break.
A small world just got a little smaller.

My grandfather landed after your father, with the 15th FA Battalion.
The 15th FA BN landed at Omaha Beach near St. Laurent-Sur-Mer, France, on D Day +1(7 June 1944), following the 1st and 29th Infantry Divisions landings in France.
The 15th FA BN fought for 73 straight days in support of the 2nd Infantry Division throughout Normandy without a break.
A small world just got a little smaller.

A small world indeed. Dad was in the 116 th. Regiment,
Company A, and hit the beach shortly after dawn, right
after the 101 st. Airborne Division prepared the beach for
the infantry. He passed away in 2011, and I'm sure he has
been reunited up in heaven with his fellow soldiers who never
made it home from the war.

As a New Zealander, I hope it's ok if I comment here. Both of my grandfathers served in the second world war; one in Africa and Italy, the other in the Pacific islands. They spoke very highly of the Yanks they served alongside, mentioning especially their friendliness and generosity. Since they've both passed, I'd like to add my thanks to those who protected us.
We will remember them.

As a New Zealander, I hope it's ok if I comment here. Both of my grandfathers served in the second world war; one in Africa and Italy, the other in the Pacific islands. They spoke very highly of the Yanks they served alongside, mentioning especially their friendliness and generosity. Since they've both passed, I'd like to add my thanks to those who protected us.
We will remember them.

:a14::a14::a14::a14::a14:

We will remember them.

:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I am a little late to this thread, but I would like to add my thanks and gratitude to all those who serve and have served so that we may have the freedoms we do today!

A small world indeed. Dad was in the 116 th. Regiment,
Company A, and hit the beach shortly after dawn, right
after the 101 st. Airborne Division prepared the beach for
the infantry. He passed away in 2011, and I'm sure he has
been reunited up in heaven with his fellow soldiers who never
made it home from the war.
If you have not found one of these booklets, try to find the appropriate one. It shares the narrative of the journey.
96157C57-53FC-43BE-868F-8A427B7C98D8.jpeg
2B959BCC-EFDC-4E67-86DF-22EB443A96F6.jpeg
3829ACB1-4BC0-4832-BAAF-AACDA1C7C289.jpeg
A3956064-075C-42F7-A1EA-5A24DDD992D3.jpeg

I have the one that belonged to my grandfather and found a downloadable version to keep as a personal archive.

Wow, those beach photos and caption is the epitome of powerful, neigh profound. It's a pity so few understand its meaning in today's me me me now now now world.

Top Bottom