What's new

Refilling a SE Magazine

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
In order to put more information in the Interactive Guide to SE Razor Shaving, I would like to know if someone has refilled one of those? The one I have is transparent which I love as I can clearly see where I'm at. There's a piece of metal bend in half pushing on the blades so they go up. I did not figure out how to open it yet as I suspect that the door is glued in. Anyone had success refilling one of those?

Attachments

• $SANY6365 (700x525).jpg
    $SANY6365 (700x525).jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 149
  • $SANY6366 (645x700).jpg
    $SANY6366 (645x700).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 146
  • $SANY6367 (700x525).jpg
    $SANY6367 (700x525).jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 150
  • $SANY6368 (700x514).jpg
    $SANY6368 (700x514).jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 150
You can just shove the new blades in the slot where the old ones came out. You just need to push down on the spring so that the blade will go past the blades already in there.

Last edited:
There is plenty of room between the edge of the blade and the side of the cartridge, so that shouldn't be an issue.

You can just shove the new blades in the slot where the old ones came out. You just need to push down on the spring so that the blade will go past the blades already in there.

I've done it this way too. It's not the most efficient way but it worked.

In order to put more information in the Interactive Guide to SE Razor Shaving, I would like to know if someone has refilled one of those? The one I have is transparent which I love as I can clearly see where I'm at. There's a piece of metal bend in half pushing on the blades so they go up. I did not figure out how to open it yet as I suspect that the door is glued in. Anyone had success refilling one of those?

I was just messing around with one, and the end door that says "Used Blades" moved up and down a little bit, so it isn't glued. I squeezed the left side, top to bottom to bulge it out a little, stuck a small screwdriver on the left side of the "Used Blade" end, pried it a little and it popped right out. All you need to do is refill it, then pop the door back in place.

I was just messing around with one, and the end door that says "Used Blades" moved up and down a little bit, so it isn't glued. I squeezed the left side, top to bottom to bulge it out a little, stuck a small screwdriver on the left side of the "Used Blade" end, pried it a little and it popped right out. All you need to do is refill it, then pop the door back in place.

Excellent :001_smile

Luc

Staff member

I will give this a try, thanks!

Luc

Staff member
But why the bother if I may ask?

If I have to transport them and if I want to grab a new one in the morning I have less chances to cut myself if they are in a holder than loose in a box.

Top Bottom