What's new

Red Wings Iron Ranger boots?

Hey guys, I bought those from Amazon with 25% because of Columbus day. Now I order some of this which I am still waiting. I had to go down half a size (10.5 D) but it feels great, maybe I'll need some inserts. Now I would like to buy a shoe brush to complete my novice caring kit (I don't want to shine them but keep the leather moisturized and the boots clean.)

If any one has any idea for a quality brush to take care of this fine boots then I am listening. :D

I wore my for 12 hours today between work and home. They're very comfortable without an insole. I could feel them molding to my feet as the day went on. I'm glad I stuck with my size, any tighter of a fit would have been too tight.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Did your boots have some bacon?

Should I be doing anything to treat my boots? Should I use Sno Seal on them or will a monthly oiling at the store be sufficient?

Being new here I would like to thank the many posters here for this thread. I was in need of new boots and this thread sealed the deal for me. Saturday night the wife and I were talking about what to do with our American Express rewards points and I stumbled upon their Zappos $50 eCards. My Amber Iron Rangers ended up costing me only $60.00.

So far I love mine enough I am thinking about buying the Beckman's next.

I treat my boots with mink oil. And use a horse hair brush to keep all my shoes clean and polished. No synthetic chemicals on my leather.

I wore my Iron Rangers to the gunshop today to buy a shotgun for my nephews first duck season.

Then off to the oyster shack for a few dozen bluepoints, man... life is good.

strop

Now half as wise
I wish I had never opened this thread, let alone this forum! It's getting expensive. Maybe the Redwing store will be closed tomorrow!

man im red wings 100% but i do like my docs from now and then

Attachments

• $DSC00204.jpg
    $DSC00204.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 332
  • $DSC00199.jpg
    $DSC00199.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 323
Jim,
Did you find them locally in NYC? I know I'll need 2E and I'd like to try them on. Wondering how many stores carry widths other than the standard D.
Ben

I hate you guys (I mean that in the best way possible).

8.5 ee on the way, amber color.

Whats the best way to care for these boots?
Mink oil?
RW boot oil?
Obenauf oil?
Obenauf lp?
Leather honey (on amazon)?
Meltonian leather lotion (i have this at home...not sure if it is good.
Lexol? Cheap and sold everywhere

Last edited:
I hate you guys (I mean that in the best way possible).

8.5 ee on the way, amber color.

Whats the best way to care for these boots?
Mink oil?
RW boot oil?
Obenauf oil?
Obenauf lp?
Leather honey (on amazon)?
Meltonian leather lotion (i have this at home...not sure if it is good.
Lexol? Cheap and sold everywhere

Personally, for me it's: Lexol leather cleaner, Meltonian shoe cream, Lincoln wax polish. I actually alternate between Dark Brown and Marine Cordovan for the Lincoln Polish; really enjoy the looks of it. The first two are just in the seldom case where the boots need it (always apply first thing when new, though) and a tiny bit of Lincoln every few wearings or so just to keep them looking nice. No complaints here. Keep in mind, though, that if you're looking for a high shine, it's going to take a lot of work on these. When I first got them, I spent several hours just trying to put a decent shine on them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom