What's new

Red Dirt Shaving Society

DanOK, I'm in for the passaround, great idea! I have items to contribute as well. I have seen some awesome regional passarounds always wishing I could participate.

Red Dirt Shaving Society Member List (as of 6:00 PM 8/24/15)

DarthSully (Trevor)- Shawnee, OK (currently stationed in Naples, Italy)
Jcan88 (Jeff)- Tonkawa, OK
RDSBandit - Duncan, OK
skunkfunk (Sean) - Oklahoma City, OK
OkieStubble (Rob) - Midwest City, OK
coonskinner - Talala, OK
tclobaugh (Christian) - Tulsa, OK
nickd907 - Oklahoma City, OK (currently stationed in Afghanistan)
Okla1911 - Oklahoma City, OK
DanOK (Dan) - Mustang, OK
MidnightMatador (James) - near Perryton, TX
WildWest74 - Born in Texas, currently living in exile in VA

If I missed anyone or something needs "fixin" feel free to update

This is the current list, and location, for the folks that have expressed an interest in participating in the pass-around box. This is not the order the box will go out I’m just trying to build a logistic matrix to identify those we can cluster so they can pass it on in person. Please don’t let your current location keep you from participating. If you want to be included let me know and we will figure it out.

Name Location
a. DanOK (Dan) Mustang, OK (OKC Metro)
b. OkieStubbie (Rob) Midwest City (OKC Metro)

c. skunkfunk (Sean) OKC, OK (OKC Metro)
d.
e. Jcan88 (Jeff) Tonkawa, OK (100mi N of OKC on I-35)
f.
g.
h. tclobaugh (Christian) Tulsa, OK (Tusla Metro)

i.
j.
k. MidnightMatador near Perryton, TX

l.
m. WildWest74 Virginia Beach, VA

n.
o.
p.
q.
r.
s.
t.

This is the current list, and location, for the folks that have expressed an interest in participating in the pass-around box. This is not the order the box will go out I’m just trying to build a logistic matrix to identify those we can cluster so they can pass it on in person. Please don’t let your current location keep you from participating. If you want to be included let me know and we will figure it out.

Name Location
b. OkieStubbie (Rob) Midwest City (OKC Metro)

d.
f.
g.
h. tclobaugh (Christian) Tulsa, OK (Tusla Metro)

i.
j.
k. MidnightMatador near Perryton, TX

l.
m. WildWest74 Virginia Beach, VA

n.
o.
p.
q.
r.
s.
t.

I really wish that I could participate, but there is no way that I could. Thank you for the offer though!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Looking at logistics, Dan would start the box off in Mustang, moving east thru all the guys who live in OKC, and then east again to me in MWC. I have a daughter who lives in Enid. I could go visit her and swing by Tonkawa which isn't to far from Ponca City.

I think I would really like to meet Jeff! :) Then Jeff can either drive it or ship it east to Christian in Tulsa. The box would touch 5 different hands by then. If we all added a few bucks to the box when we had it, I bet it could eventually get to Italy or Afghanistan.

Sorry if there was any confusion! I do want to be part of the brotherhood, but I wouldn't be in for the pass around at this time. With my wedding anniversary coming up, I am trying to curb some of the shaving items showing up on the front porch for awhile.

Hope y'all don't run me outta town for that!

Looking at logistics, Dan would start the box off in Mustang, moving east thru all the guys who live in OKC, and then east again to me in MWC. I have a daughter who lives in Enid. I could go visit her and swing by Tonkawa which isn't to far from Ponca City.

I think I would really like to meet Jeff! :) Then Jeff can either drive it or ship it east to Christian in Tulsa. The box would touch 5 different hands by then. If we all added a few bucks to the box when we had it, I bet it could eventually get to Italy or Afghanistan.

Sounds Good, I have been wanting to meet the CEO of the Bootlegger's Research Institute for some time. Christian and I have talked but never quite met in person, maybe this will give us a reason to meet up.

I 100% agree, this box is definitely going overseas.

Would like to join. Lived in Texas (Garland, and now Wylie) since 1986. First moved down here with my Defense Department job.

1. First Name? Robert
2. What Red Dirt City and State do you live in? Duncan, OK
3. What State Team do you root for? Sooners
4. What do you do? Machinist
5. What are your favorite soaps/creams/brushes/razors/ etc.
Soap: PAA Speakeasy
Cream: N/A
Brushes: VDH boar hair
Aftershaves: Navy
Razors: Gillette fat boy J 4, Mach 3

(I haven't gotten very heavy into shaving, yet)

6. What are your worst acquisition disorders if any? Hehe... hobbies. Jack of all trades, master of none sort of thing.

7. Tell us a little about yourself?
34 years old, married, 1 kid (18 months) with another one due in mid/late Dec.

8. Hobbies: Hunting (anything) and fishing, martial arts, blacksmithing, video games, food,

Hopefully we don't meet up too terribly soon, I'm still in the "mangling my face" bit of wet shaving. I'd hate to be the only guy there with both cuts and stubble! I did however finally get a successful pass on the chin this morning.

Anybody else here do any home brewing?

1. First Name? Clay
2. What Red Dirt City and State do you live in? Texas. Lived in Lubbock for many years, now near Austin.
3. What State Team do you root for? Texas Tech Red Raiders, Dallas Cowboys
4. What do you do? High Tech Sales
5. What are your favorite soaps/creams/brushes/razors/ Cella, Proraso, Palmolive Classic, TOBS Sandalwood, Rose, Arko, La Toja, Musgo Real. I prefer broken-in Italian boar brushes...hate Silvertip badger...too floppy. I love Slim Adjustables, Merkur Futur, RR Mission, Maggard MRv2, Gem SE's, Schick Injectors, and my new Feather Artist Club SS Shavette.
6. What are your worst acquisition disorders if any? Creams in tubes.
Tell us a little about yourself?
Native Texan, 55 yrs old, married,
son in High School, grown daughter, who's married with 2 beautiful little sons.
Hobbies: Golf, cooking, travel, fishing, going to the beach, playing and collecting guitars, playing craps, college football, beer.

1. First Name? James
2. What Red Dirt City and State do you live in? Born in Dallas.
3. What State Team do you root for? Dallas Cowboys
4. What do you do? Data Wrangler, Norfolk Naval Shipyard
5. What are your favorite soaps/creams/brushes/razors/
Soap: Long Rifle Shave Co. Bay Rhum
Cream: Proraso Red
Brushes: Custom small brush with TGN Silvertip Grade A badger knot
Aftershaves: Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails
Razors: Modified Gold Dollar, AKA The Tank; DERW Steampunk Pre War Fat Handle Tech, AKA Artemus Gordon; Micro Touch One TTO, AKA Mister MTO
6. What are your worst acquisition disorders if any? Straight razors and scales

41 years old, recently changed careers after getting my BS in Computer Information Systems. Married to an amazing and smart woman who accepts my shaving obsession even if she does not understand it. Father to three great boys, aged 17, 15 and 12, who live with their mother but spend time with us regularly.
Hobbies: Music (perform in public occasionally), reading, writing, video games (Red Dead Redemption!), Westerns (TV and Movies), Steampunk.

This is the current corrected list, with locations This is not the order the box will go out I’m just trying to build a logistic matrix to identify those we can cluster so they can pass it on in person. Please don’t let your current location keep you from participating. If you want to be included let us know and we will figure it out.

Name Location
b. OkieStubble (Rob) Midwest City (OKC Metro)
d.
f.
g.
h.
i.
j.
k.
l.
m.
n.
o.
p.
q.
r.
s.
t.

I'd like to be in, unless my turn would happen in the next month or so. There are 3 different pass around boxes where my turn is coming up soon on. I'd like to space this one out a bit if possible. That may mean waiting on round 2, but pencil me in for now. I certainly would be able to contribute and I love the idea of the box making a trip abroad to visit our deployed neighbors.

1. First Name? Christian
2. What Red Dirt City and State do you live in? Tulsa OK
3. What State Team do you root for?
I root for all OK teams, but I root a little harder for OU :)
4. What do you do?
Computer Programmer and wrangler of other Programmers
Soap:
So many great soaps these days. My current favorite brands are Mystic Waters, Mikes, Cold River, Tiki & WSP. I tend to prefer Citrus based scents vs. cologne type or florals, but there are exceptions. (My skin hates Bay Rum)
Cream:
I don't use much cream, but of the one's I've tried, I like TOBS Avocado, and The Body Shop Maca Root. CF Lime is about the only cream that I'm interested in trying these days.
Brushes:
I have several brushes of varying types, but since I got my Plisson, all the others are gathering dust.
Aftershaves:
I use Myrsol Antesol occasionally, but mostly I use a homemade splash of WH, Glycerin and a touch of Sweet Orange Essential oil.
Razors:
I use a 2013 R41 almost exclusively these days. I have a Fatip, and a LC NEW that occasionally see action, just to change things up.
6. What are your worst acquisition disorders if any?
Soap is my biggest interest, by far. I've had a little bit of an itch to try some of the newer synthetic brushes that have come out, since the Plisson works so well for me. I've also would really love to try some the high end modern DE razors (like the ATT or Feather) but the price has kept me away - for now.

I'm 47 years old. I'm married to an incredible woman and we have 2 teenage girls who have me wrapped around their little fingers. My youngest has special needs, which means I now have enough medical knowledge to consider a second career if I ever need one.
Hobbies:
I officiate Volleyball, go to church, and otherwise love to stay at home with my family, reading, watching TV, Movies, etc.

1. First Name? Christian
2. What Red Dirt City and State do you live in? Tulsa OK
3. What State Team do you root for?
I root for all OK teams, but I root a little harder for OU :)
4. What do you do?
Computer Programmer and wrangler of other Programmers
Soap:
So many great soaps these days. My current favorite brands are Mystic Waters, Mikes, Cold River, Tiki & WSP. I tend to prefer Citrus based scents vs. cologne type or florals, but there are exceptions. (My skin hates Bay Rum)
Cream:
I don't use much cream, but of the one's I've tried, I like TOBS Avocado, and The Body Shop Maca Root. CF Lime is about the only cream that I'm interested in trying these days.
Brushes:
I have several brushes of varying types, but since I got my Plisson, all the others are gathering dust.
Aftershaves:
I use Myrsol Antesol occasionally, but mostly I use a homemade splash of WH, Glycerin and a touch of Sweet Orange Essential oil.
Razors:
I use a 2013 R41 almost exclusively these days. I have a Fatip, and a LC NEW that occasionally see action, just to change things up.
6. What are your worst acquisition disorders if any?
Soap is my biggest interest, by far. I've had a little bit of an itch to try some of the newer synthetic brushes that have come out, since the Plisson works so well for me. I've also would really love to try some the high end modern DE razors (like the ATT or Feather) but the price has kept me away - for now.

I'm 47 years old. I'm married to an incredible woman and we have 2 teenage girls who have me wrapped around their little fingers. My youngest has special needs, which means I now have enough medical knowledge to consider a second career if I ever need one.
Hobbies:
I officiate Volleyball, go to church, and otherwise love to stay at home with my family, reading, watching TV, Movies, etc.

Not to mention you have a kick@$$ avatar!

Top Bottom