What's new

Recommend me a vetiver for around $50-75

I just received my bottle of Encre Noire lastnight and although I see where some of the comments are coming from, if you don't have many colognes with ISO Super E as a dominant note, you should love EN. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Chanel Sycomore as it has it's fan's around here. I have both and there it a top note in Sycomore that just doesn't work for me where EN lacks that note which makes it very nice to my nose.

It's not been mentioned but Royall Vetiver is a nice, inexpensive option. It has a light citrus top note that evaporates pretty quickly leaving a solid vetiver base.

I've tried a handful of vetivers lately, and Grey Vetiver has really grown on me. I think the price is somewhat justifiable given the potency.

I also find myself really craving a bottle of Vetiver Fatal. I originally thought it was too close to TdH to justify a bottle, but I have worn TdH since and realized I like VF enough to make me forget about TdH.

I hope to eventually own Grey Vetiver as my bright/grey/green/soapy vetiver, Vetiver Fatal as my warm/red vetiver, and L'Occitane Vetyver as my dark/woodsy vetiver.

Top Bottom