What's new

Recommend a Sandalwood AS Balm

Looking for a Sandalwood scented AS balm. I don't have particularly sensitive skin and have been using Institut Karit balm that imparts a bit of scent that doesn't fit with the SV Cosmo that I've been using lately, TOBS Sandalwood Cream makes an occasional appearance as well.

TIA

I can't think of too many Sandalwood scented balms. The only one I've used is Nuavia Rossa balm. It's lighter than most balms which appealed to me. I liked the performance as I'm not a fan of heavy balms but the Rossa scent wasn't for me. If you like sandalwood and powdery scents I think you'd enjoy it though.

Looking for a Sandalwood scented AS balm. I don't have particularly sensitive skin and have been using Institut Karit balm that imparts a bit of scent that doesn't fit with the SV Cosmo that I've been using lately, TOBS Sandalwood Cream makes an occasional appearance as well.

TIA
Look no further than Proraso. I use the aftershave lotion daily. I've tried different Sandalwood's and Proraso is the best smelling one for my nose:

Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food. Superb as both aftershave balm and pre-shave. Its other aromas are also fabulous. Suavetico also does a balm. Not as strong in scent but it works well.

TOBS has a great sandalwood a/s gel, if that's what you'd like...

taylor of old bond st sandalwood simpson thiers issard september 18 2019.jpg

While Geo. F. Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food is probably my favorite, Truefitt and Hill's Sandalwood AS Balm is excellent as well. I highly recommend it.

Thank you for your service, Capt. Pat. Cheers, sir!

While not a unique sandalwood scent, I often pair sandalwood scented soaps/creams with Stetson AS. I think it's a good compliment.

Be aware though that it's a strong scent and does linger. If that's not your bag, you might pass on it.

D.R. Harris gets my vote, Proraso smelled too far removed from what I associate with sandalwood scent when I tried it years ago.

But that’s the rub, “sandalwood” comes in so many bewildering interpretations and what one likes may also depend on what sandalwood scent one first got acquainted with. In my case, it was the relaxing, woodsy, warm, creamy, smooth, but not overly sweet style.

There was this one perfect (to me) sandalwood scent profile I came across about 45 years ago that I would love to find again. As strange as it may sound, it just stuck to me mind until today. :001_cool:

B.

Top Bottom