What's new

Received first gillette tech which is damaged and decided no to refund. An update for second tech.

Let me know how it goes. I am sure we can figure out a way to get you a vintage Gillette razor. It may take some time and effort, but we can make it happen. Feel free to PM (start a conversation) me if you want.

All you really need is a replacement cap for your first razor. I'm suggesting that one of our fellow B&B members send you a late-model Tech cap and list it as "shaver replacement part" or something similar with a valuation of around $2. I'd do it myself but I don't have any to send. A lot of us buy razors in lots, and wind up with extras or extra parts - hopefully someone can step up to help you.
Thanks.

I just received email from customs. They said according to my claim they consider it as valid claim. Which I told them this is not luxury item and it is used. So they changed the taxation method to the normal Beauty & shaving category. Which is taxation of 30% of product value and + 7% for vat. They said my according to my claim my item cost 1,200 thb + shipping. So I need to pay them 444 thb for 37% of total tax. Well I think it is ok then..

Our VAT is 24%...

All you really need is a replacement cap for your first razor. I'm suggesting that one of our fellow B&B members send you a late-model Tech cap and list it as "shaver replacement part" or something similar with a valuation of around $2. I'd do it myself but I don't have any to send. A lot of us buy razors in lots, and wind up with extras or extra parts - hopefully someone can step up to help you.
Great idea should he need.

Send pictures when you finally get your razor.
Dunno when I will get but all I know is custom hold my item.. untill I pay the tax.. but the taxation that they mail me is not official. The real offical one asking me to pay 1,000% total. I hope that the thing will go like email that they said.

Definitely let us know what happened. If I can help out in any way, please let me know. They are very common here and there is no reason you should not have one. You should not have to pay a month's earnings and predatory tax on top of that.

Definitely let us know what happened. If I can help out in any way, please let me know. They are very common here and there is no reason you should not have one. You should not have to pay a month's earnings and predatory tax on top of that.
The tax is a must pay if I want my item. Because they hold the item.

This is an update for the situation between me and customs department.
Yesterday I went to Customs headquarter to file the request claim that the item is not taxable by customs.
Well today I just received call. They said I will not be tax. Because as I request yesterday to check the details that provided from Ebay. So they check and they said the item value is Less than 1,000 thb will not be tax. According to my item I was at 1,200 thb which exceeds in the paper but when they check carefully the item value was only 800 thb and shipping fee was 400 thb. So they said they cannot tax the shipping. That makes the item value 800 thb taken as accountable for caluation for tax. As a result the item value for taxable should be over 1,000 thb. So my item value is only 800 thb, they said I don't need to pay tax and they apologize me. Also they offer me the gift vouchers which value of 400 thb for their mistakes.
Do you guys have access to Feather razors in Thailand? Like the Feather Popular.

Our VAT is 24%...

Great idea should he need.

Is it better for customs if it is sent from Europe, or the same?

Gift vouchers from the Customs Dept. Holy Cow!!

Clearly you can now start collecting vintage razors that are less than 1,000 thb. That's $32. So anything under $30 on eBay should be safe. That would include a LOT of vintage models. After the Gillette Old Types and NEW you could start on the Micromatics - Open Comb and Clog-Pruf.

Top Bottom