What's new

Received first gillette tech which is damaged and decided no to refund. An update for second tech.

The first one is like this which is damaged and if refund, would be painful due to my country location suck.
20190216_151302.jpg

Now for the second one an update for it.
Not a good news again. This item is shipped from USA and my country(Thailand) doesn't like USA package a lot because they (customs suck money from it.) So my country's customs department check (open the package and inspect) my item and guess what they said vintage razors fall in the category of luxury and the tax rate would be 400% of the razor price. Unfortunately the razor was list as gift so customs put their own based price for the razor. They want 1000% from me now. Well remember guys do not buy something from USA if you live in Thailand. Thai customs department is suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I don't have any useable vintage razors anymore. And farewell to safety razors. Since my country do not sell safety razors in cheap price. I can only but cheap Chinese safety razor.

I am happy to send you a razor at no charge to you if you think it can make it through customs. You may have to pay a customs fee, but if we can list the razor at a very low price, maybe you will not have to pay much (400% of a low cost listed on customs declaration). Let me know what I can do to help.

Well most item are not available in stores here. Which means u need to buy in online mostly. There are a lot of counterfeits if you buy in Thai online.

Understood. Sorry about that situation. The only reason I asked is Feather razors are produced in Japan. Might have a better shot of being in Thailand than those produced in Europe and America. Don't know.

I am happy to send you a razor at no charge to you if you think it can make it through customs. You may have to pay a customs fee, but if we can list the razor at a very low price, maybe you will not have to pay much (400% of a low cost listed on customs declaration). Let me know what I can do to help.
Well in Thailand every thing from USA will be check by customs. If the price mentioned can be both tax or not tax. If the price of the product is listed only 1000 thb then it is not taxed. If any item listed more than 1000 thb will be taxed. So if you list the item cost only 5 to 10 dollars including shipping, will not be taxed. But gift is different because it is hit or miss. Actually most gifts are tax free. But for me I was so unlucky and customs open it and check it. I am considering to inform the Thai police due to you cannot open or check the item listed in gift packages. But it will painful to do it. But tomorrow I am planning to go to the main headquarter of custom department to see what will happen.

Well in Thailand every thing from USA will be check by customs. If the price mentioned can be both tax or not tax. If the price of the product is listed only 1000 thb then it is not taxed. If any item listed more than 1000 thb will be taxed. So if you list the item cost only 5 to 10 dollars including shipping, will not be taxed. But gift is different because it is hit or miss. Actually most gifts are tax free. But for me I was so unlucky and customs open it and check it. I am considering to inform the Thai police due to you cannot open or check the item listed in gift packages. But it will painful to do it. But tomorrow I am planning to go to the main headquarter of custom department to see what will happen.
Let me know how it goes. I am sure we can figure out a way to get you a vintage Gillette razor. It may take some time and effort, but we can make it happen. Feel free to PM (start a conversation) me if you want.

All you really need is a replacement cap for your first razor. I'm suggesting that one of our fellow B&B members send you a late-model Tech cap and list it as "shaver replacement part" or something similar with a valuation of around $2. I'd do it myself but I don't have any to send. A lot of us buy razors in lots, and wind up with extras or extra parts - hopefully someone can step up to help you.

I also believe that customs have the right to open any package to check what's inside. I don't think you'll find any solution to this. If I were you, I'd move on. I know it's difficult to forget it since it's your first razor and you've been unlucky, but things like this have happened to all of us.

I also believe that customs have the right to open any package to check what's inside. I don't think you'll find any solution to this. If I were you, I'd move on. I know it's difficult to forget it since it's your first razor and you've been unlucky, but things like this have happened to all of us.
Yeah so sad..

I just don't get why vintage razors are considered luxury items in your country, while for many people they're just junk. It makes no sense. What if you receive a hi-end item?
I am still confused it is still considered as Luxury item.. I just so suprised.

I just received email from customs. They said according to my claim they consider it as valid claim. Which I told them this is not luxury item and it is used. So they changed the taxation method to the normal Beauty & shaving category. Which is taxation of 30% of product value and + 7% for vat. They said my according to my claim my item cost 1,200 thb + shipping. So I need to pay them 444 thb for 37% of total tax. Well I think it is ok then..

I just don't get why vintage razors are considered luxury items in your country, while for many people they're just junk. It makes no sense. What if you receive a hi-end item?

SORRY!! Wish I had an extra top cap.
Thanks

Top Bottom