What's new

Reacquainted With Trac II

As much as I love my forties Super Speed and NEW I had allowed myself to neglect my Trac II for far too long. I picked up a few packs of Dollar Store Dorco's over the past weekend and this morning I shaved with a cart razor for the first time in probably four years. My experience was WOW!! I had forgotten how easy it is to get a BBS shave with a Trac II. Even though I love my old DE razors none of them shave me this smooth with so little effort. I believe I am going to put my SS up for a while and use the T2 for a few weeks and just see how it grows on me.

Attachments

• $14720351_10211361044762045_6385821657923186944_n.jpg
    $14720351_10211361044762045_6385821657923186944_n.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 213
Nothing wrong with it, if you don't mind the expense. The big push for me is the low cost of DE shaving. However, everyone is different, and many don't seem to be saving much as they get RAD.

I have used my Trac II a few times since I started using my DE. It's quick and gives an excellent shave. I use techniques I have learned DE shaving to drastically improve my Cartridge experience. Personally I still find I get a more comfortable shave from my DE but I enjoy using my Trac II from time to time.

I have many years shaving with a Trac II, but they were going out of style, replaced by the Mach 3 and cartridges were disappearing off the shelves. My first hoarding experience was buying up all the Trac II and Twin-blade compatible cartridges I could find in the close out bins. No sooner am I set on blades, I decide to return to DE shaving and have been doing that almost exclusively for three or four years.

So your post is a nice reminder to not neglect the Trac II. I had even purchased a Bump Fighter handle to use with a twin-blade cartridge.

The Trac II is my daily shaver. I have an original style handle for it, and several heavier custom handles.

I got about 10-15 packs of Personna Trac II blades on closeout at Big Lots about six years ago, and am just finally getting close to running out. Think I have three 10 packs left. Usually get about two weeks of shaves out of one cartridge.

The Trac II / GII is certainly getting a lot of attention here at the moment! I recently found an old TOBS GII handle and have started to use it with GII Plus carts still available in stores in the U.K. I like it - it's a "different" shave.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I have a Trac II in my drawer, and there are some cartridges, but I don't need to use it.

Because I have many DE blades to use. A DE shave is very good for me.

When you can get a 5-pack of Personna Trac II carts for a buck at Dollar General, there's nothing expensive about it at all.

The absolute most I've ever spent is 4.00 for a five pack of 7'0Clock/PII/Trac II carts shipped from India, and these are the best carts you can get for this razor. Maybe not DE cheap, but certainly cheaper than Injectors and on par with SEs.

My 10 packs from Big Lots were I believe a $1.50 each. That's 15 cents each. Hardly what I would call expensive.

I've found fancy Trac II handles at estate sales, antique store, and junk stores for a dollar or two each.

The Trac II is a simple setup, and works simply; there are no moving parts, and nothing on the handle to break.

Still a classic and very good razor that got me thru high school, the military and many years as a road warrior. I only use it now when I travel.

I like it better than any other cartridge razor. I like the fact that the head does not pivot. It gives me more control of my shave.

$Trac II.jpg

If anyone is looking for a more upscale Trac II handle, check your local Wal-Mart. In the Christmas gift set section, they had a leather dopp kit that had a travel Trac II razor. It's plastic, but it looks nice. The kit was 10.00, and it contained shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, shaving cream and the razor.
Source? Got a link

How many shaves should I be getting from a Dorco or Personna cart?? I have been chunking them after a week due to habit with DE. They still shave fine when I throw them out. Am I ditching too early?

I've found that I can get 14-16 shaves from my Korean made (Dorothy?) twin blade carts from Dollar General. They do have a lube strip, bite it's not obnoxious. In fact, I barely notice it's there.

Slim I too use the Dorco carts. The darn things, I have never had a problem at all w/them and I get a great shave out of them. I use both the 6 blade and the 2 blade right now and like them both just fine.

Top Bottom