What's new

Razorrok Game Changer vs Rockwell 6S

@timah083 Im glad you had a good experience with them to..I noticed they stock a heap of blades that a lot of other companies in Australia havent got which is awesome. I was told Razorok wont have any stock for around a month or so but not sure if thats when VSHOD are expecting the next lot of stock or what. Do you have any experience with the Razorok Wunderbar..apparently they are redesigning it for a future release. I have no experience with slants but might have to give it a go..

@timah083 Im glad you had a good experience with them to..I noticed they stock a heap of blades that a lot of other companies in Australia havent got which is awesome. I was told Razorok wont have any stock for around a month or so but not sure if thats when VSHOD are expecting the next lot of stock or what. Do you have any experience with the Razorok Wunderbar..apparently they are redesigning it for a future release. I have no experience with slants but might have to give it a go..

Nah, I’m only a year into this wet shaving caper, so I’ve ‘just’ got the three DE razors.

Yeah, they’ve got a heap more blades, just don’t seem to have a heap of bulk prices. But if I need to buy some I’ll ask the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@les24preludes Yes I have a .68 Timeless SS. The Timeless feels a lot heavier in the hand & has a lot nicer finish than the Razorok (but lets face it..so it should for the extra price). Im game to say this soon that the Game Changer is definitely more efficient than the .68 but I only have one Timeless base plate to compare it to at this stage. I always get very good shaves from the Timeless but if this first shave is anything to go by I think I will enjoy the Game Changer just as much. Of coarse only having had one shave with the Game Changer thus far its a little hard to properly compare the 2 but thats my initial thoughts, hope it helps.

I have a Rockwell and a Game Changer .84.

I also have a Karve with the D and E plates.

I had a Timeless Ti .95,but returned it as I prefer the Karve and the GC.

The Rockwell is a comfortable shaver. It gives a great shave.

I reach for the GC more often purely based on subjective preference. I enjoy the trimmer slimmer sized head and more nimble feel.

The Karve with the E plate is slightly more efficient for me than the GC .84 or the Rockwell on plate 6, which is the only plate I use.

I can't say one is "better" than the other, but if I had to give up one of the two you mentioned, it would be the Rockwell.

Having said that,I could be content shaving with it from now on if it was all I had.

Great razors, both of them.

Reading all the different thread discussions on the Rockwell it seems to fall between two camps, those that like a mild shave, find it efficient, and rave about it, and those that find it too mild even on plate 6.

Whilst I kind of fall into the second group i also think it's the best razor out there for shaving your neck without irritation. Especially if you ride the cap. For that it is perfect. The thing I struggle with is the heavy stubble at the corners of my mouth and under the jaw line. If Rockwell issued a 7 / 8 plate it would probably be my perfect razor.

The Gamechanger - both the .68 and the .84 plate is very mild. I think because of the blade exposure. Not as mild as the Mamba, but still very much so. It's a very nice razor, but for me just misses the wow factor.

I think I would personally jump to the Rockwell despite my reservations.

If you have a light beard and like mild razors then you would probably like either razor equally. If you prefer something more efficient, then I would suggest looking at the Muhle Rocca. It behaves like a Rockwell plate 7/8 might. Almost as good on the neck but much more efficient over all.
I too was shocked at how mild Rockwell is, but still find plate 5 to be a good daily shave.

Second shave in with the Game Changer & Im extremely impressed. Another awesome shave & although its the .84 gap it is super smooth & I dont feel like I have to be overly careful with it at all. Despite not being the most aesthetically pleasing razor I quite like it & the build quality is certainly there. I think its an all round excellent performer that Im really starting to like especially at the current price.

GC .84 and Rockwell 6s are now the only razors on my shelf, though there are a bunch in the drawer. I've been using them side by side for a month.

They're very different, but each great in their own way. The GC .84 equates to an efficiency of around Rockwell plate 6/7 (if a 7 existed) - it's not really all that different than the Rockwell on 6, maybe a teensy bit more efficient with more blade feel. I nicked myself a few times in the first few days with the GC because I was accustomed to the Rockwell, which is kinder and gentler. But once I got used to the GC, I have never gotten anything short of a true BBS shave in 2 1/2 passes. I very rarely draw blood but I do sometimes get some alum feedback on the neck.

The Rockwell is king of smooth and after getting the GC, I switched back from plate 6 to plate 4, because the GC was performing the roll that the 6S plate 6 used to play. On plate 4, the Rockwell provides me with very nice DFSs, with little need for attention and virtually no risk of injury. Seriously, I couldn't get any alum feedback if I tried, with the Rockwell on 4 or even 5. It's just a nice, smooth, harmless, predictable shave. On plate 6 it becomes a bit more GC like in terms of risk-reward though still very rare for there to be any kind of drama.

The 800 pound elephant in the room between these two razors is the slim head of the GC. This is a huge difference between the two razors, as the Rockwell has a big bulky head, and the main reason I would take the GC if forced to choose between the two. But I love having both.

Ok... I have both razors and my daily driver is the .84 GC. Nothing against the 6s, a very good razor and would be my favorite if not for the GC. I Pare it with a feather blade and it’s like magic. For those who want more aggressive feel, remember that the GC also offers open combs. In fact they offer two types of open combs for both plates. The regular open comb and the jaws! Have never tried the jaws but the regular open comb remains incredibly smooth. I strongly recommend the GC But you can’t go wrong with either.

I own both razors

I prefer the polished look of the game changer.
The shave might be slightly better with the Rockwall 6S.

They are very close. I’m actually trying to decide which to keep and it’s very difficult

My two go to razors, quality is equally good performance depends on what you expect in terms of efficiency on the Rockwell I only use plate 5/6, but have to admit I'm using my GC 0.84-P more often probably because of the flat head geometry and spot on efficiency for my liking

I owned the Rockwell 6C and all of the Game Changer plates. Ultimately I sold both. My dissatisfaction with the Rockwell (and here I don't think there would be any difference between the 6S and 6C) was the bulky head as discussed above by @Tostig. With the Game Changer, I found the .84 Open Comb provided the efficiency I was looking for, but I found it a bit rough. In roughly the same price range I am much happier with the Muhle Rocca and Edwin Jagger 3ONE6. Of course, as always, YMMV,

I tried Rockwell 6C and GC84 recently. Both feel great but GC84 feels slightly more efficiently. If Rockwell had plate 7 or 8, I feel that GC84 would be somewhere around there.

I believe I read somewhere that as you work your way up through the Rockwell plates 1 to 6 the blade gap increases, but the blade exposure decreases from neutral or maybe slightly positive to negative. That could explain why it feel so soft.

I have a GC .84 P and a Rockwell 6C. I look forward to using the GC where the Rockwell is just a bore to me. I am certainly in the minority.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I do not have the Rockwell 6S and have heard nothing but good things about it. The Razorock .84 is a well built razor and is a mid range but more on the milder side of mid range. I bought it and after 20 shaves I thought it was a decent daily driver. But for folks who want to bump it up a notch just put in a KAI SS blade and you will find it a very nice razor for those tough beards and closeness improvement IMO. The Kai SS blade is .009 thousands wider than a standard Gillette blade or .0045 thousands per side of extra blade exposure or blade feel and it works for other mild razors also. They are a little pricey than a standard blade but having a few tucks ready to improve efficentcy is well worth it & the Kai has surprisingly good longevity.
KAI SS DE Blade.jpg.........
Blade Review #6.3 June 26th 2020 (3).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

I tried Rockwell 6C and GC84 recently. Both feel great but GC84 feels slightly more efficiently. If Rockwell had plate 7 or 8, I feel that GC84 would be somewhere around there.

You're probably on the right track with this, because
R5: 0.027” (0.69 mm)
R6: 0.031” (0.79 mm)

On the other hand, the GC68 ought to feel like R5, and it feels more like R4 (0.61 mm) to me. I think we're well into YMMV territory now. :001_smile

You're probably on the right track with this, because
R5: 0.027” (0.69 mm)
R6: 0.031” (0.79 mm)

On the other hand, the GC68 ought to feel like R5, and it feels more like R4 (0.61 mm) to me. I think we're well into YMMV territory now. :001_smile
Ooh thanks for the info. In my case, I'll say GC68 feels like R4 and GC84 feels like R7 (imaginary)

I do not have the Rockwell 6S and have heard nothing but good things about it. The Razorock .84 is a well built razor and is a mid range but more on the milder side of mid range. I bought it and after 20 shaves I thought it was a decent daily driver. But for folks who want to bump it up a notch just put in a KAI SS blade and you will find it a very nice razor for those tough beards and closeness improvement IMO. The Kai SS blade is .009 thousands wider than a standard Gillette blade or .0045 thousands per side of extra blade exposure or blade feel and it works for other mild razors also. They are a little pricey than a standard blade but having a few tucks ready to improve efficentcy is well worth it & the Kai has surprisingly good longevity.
View attachment 1201590.........View attachment 1201591
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!
I have done this with my GC .84. It definitely steps it up in efficiency.

I find the GC84 just a bit more aggressive than the Rockwell 6 baseplate. From what I have read the GC has a bit of blade forward while the Rockwell is blade neutral, at least I think that is what each company is saying about their razor. FWIW I can get a nick with the GC 84, not the milder .68 and also not often with the 6 baseplate on the Rockwell.

Can you please let me in who the supplier is in Australia ?
I need to order one cheers mate

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up going with a .84 Game Changer with the radio handle as I eventually found a supplier with some in stock here in Australia. Not sure if I made the right choice yet but will probably end up getting the 6s eventually regardless. Hopefully the Game Changer lives up to the positive reviews:clap:

Top Bottom