What's new

RazoRock S. Maria Review

First XXX - a clone of Acqua Di Parma, then S. Maria - a clone of Santa Maria Novella, what's next ??

Expect - a clone of Xpec ?
A. Kap 1899 - a clone of Acca Kappa 1869
Castillo di Fortunate - a clone of Castle Forbes
Hmmmmm......if only we knew how much it really cost to produce Santa maria Novella, we would cry having to pay $60 for this stuff :biggrin1:

D

Deleted member 48987

I wouldn't say it's a clone of SMN, but it seems it was certainly inspired by it. It does smell of fresh eucalyptus, great scent if you like it and not very complicated. I found that the lather was very, very thick. I was really surprised by what I got from just a tiny amount. The consistency of the cream is pretty odd, fluffy and kind of airy. I have yet to shave with it but it looks very promising as far the scent and lather, but I suppose performance does not always follow suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
First XXX - a clone of Acqua Di Parma, then S. Maria - a clone of Santa Maria Novella, what's next ??

Hmmmmm......if only we knew how much it really cost to produce Santa maria Novella, we would cry having to pay $60 for this stuff :biggrin1:

You make a very valid point. Thankfully the whole purpose of Razorock is to offer us the same style quality soaps and creams, without having to pay outrageous prices for the higher end brand names.

I did an interview with Joe for another site and this was the line of the interview to me.

At RazoRock, our goal is to sell high quality products at value price-points, so anybody and everybody can afford a great shave. It's really easy to make a great $30 shaving soap, it's a lot harder to make a great $7 soap. In Italy, it doesn't take a fortune to buy some nice wet-shaving products, it should be (and will be) the same in North America

Wonder if this is their take on SMN?

so is it a CREAM take on it them? i thought SMN was firmer soap? the RR S.Maria appears to be a true soft cream.

can someone post pics of the actual product in the tub and perhaps a few application brush shots/lather shots?

If you're looking for scent comparison, I'd look towards RazoRock's 888 soap/croap.

Also, The 888 a/s lotion and wax are a great complement to this cream.

888 is fantastic stuff, and i still have a near full tub of the soap/wax, so won't be adding the S.Maria this time, but look forward to reading more comparisons to SMN.

i opted for 888 a while back and do not regret it one bit.

keep the review/comparisons coming. :biggrin1:

so is it a CREAM take on it them? i thought SMN was firmer soap? the RR S.Maria appears to be a true soft cream.

Yes it is a VERY thick cream, Think marshmallow creme. A little dab will do ya. And it smells great. I do wish it had menthol though.

Yes it is a VERY thick cream, Think marshmallow creme. A little dab will do ya. And it smells great. I do wish it had menthol though.

thanks. still hoping someone can post a pic of it, just for fun...not that i'm looking to buy it.

i think the 888 sounds like a closer match to SMN in terms of consistency (no menthol either, but does have lanolin and eucalyptus scent) and can't see any RR product knocking it off the top spot for RazoRock products i have tried (along with KL).

i'd love to see a Santa Maria Novella Soap (not the RR S.Maria) vs 888 comparisson in terms of performance and post shave feel etc...i have a feeling 888 would win, the Shea Butters RR's are that good :drool:

I keep checking this thread to see if there is a Santa Maria vs. RazoRock comparison by someone who has tried both. :p

You would cry indeed.

S.Maria could of been made identical, but I didn't want parabens and SLS in this formula, and we wanted more than a pin head sized amount of lanolin

1869 is easy, would only take a few weeks; they already produce stuff for us. I believe we already have enough almond scents for now

"Castello Stonato" is actually the code name for our next project:wink2:

Last edited:
S.Maria could of been made identical, but I didn't want parabens and SLS in this formula, and we wanted more than a pin head sized amount of lanolin

I guess that is about all I need in the way of a direct comparison... lol. Time to place an order.

Do Santa Maria Novella(or S. Maria) and Proraso use some of the same fragrance(eucalyptus)? I used this for the first time this morning and I caught a big whiff of it(or so I think I did anyway)......

Nice shave, btw.

I agree with Joe, especially about the SLS; there's no need for it, and it is an irritant to many people, myself included.

I'm not a big fan of eucalyptus, but I applaud the idea behind this cream.

Top Bottom