What's new

Razorock Makes Soap For Which Companies?

The soap is claimed to be rebranded for well known companies, any guesses? I'm thinking it would take serious investigation, Marco?

I think the RazoRock is rebranded from several well known artisans who make soap for well known companies

wow my post is confusing RazoRock is great at a great price. Im sure someone can explain better than me

Last edited:
I'm not really sure, and I'm guessing that probably they have some kind of non disclosure agreement with most of their makers (if I were a maker, I'd want that). I think their model has both plusses and minuses. On the plus side, the value can be incredible. The new XXX in particular, is a mind blowing shave, and is all of 10 bucks. The downside is, there is so much stuff, it is pretty confusing, and since different lines are made by different manufacturers, It's hard to know which ones you'll like. Plus, stuff just comes and goes (XXXt is gone again, it appears). It's not like other brands, where if you know you like the soap, you can just pick and choose scents and its all the same thing.

My understanding (and this is not based on any verifiable fact, just what I've read) is that their soap is rebranded/rescented Tcheon Fung Sing soap

The manufacturers of some of the RR soaps are known.

From another thread:

Each line has a different manufacturer:

Karite line = rumored to made by Acca Kappa 1869
RR Classic = Fitness for Men / Figaro
La Famiglia = Tcheon Fung Sing (TFS)
Artisan Line (LOA) = artisan tallow based soaps, 1 veggie
King of the Castle and XX = gut feeling says these are made by TFS

The best soap base is debatable, I find that all RazoRock products are fairly good some being slightly better than others. I've tried at least one of each line and my favorites are:

1. Muguet De France / Muguet di Bologna (same scent)
2. La Famiglia - Green Tobacco
3. King of the Castle Lavender

Let me add clarity here...

The goal with RazoRock is to work with talented artisans, primarily in Italy, and offer RazoRock clients very high quality products at affordable prices. We work with about half a dozen artisans at the moment.

I agree with the point above about "pretty confusing", bassopotamus is right. We were set up as a hobby business, trying a bunch of fun stuff and experimenting. In 2014, our goal is to make things a little less confusing and a little more focused; we have begun to form a quasi plan, if you have constructive suggestions, we definitely welcome them and we will take them seriously.

Let me add clarity here...

The goal with RazoRock is to work with talented artisans, primarily in Italy, and offer RazoRock clients very high quality products at affordable prices. We work with about half a dozen artisans at the moment.

I agree with the point above about "pretty confusing", bassopotamus is right. We were set up as a hobby business, trying a bunch of fun stuff and experimenting. In 2014, our goal is to make things a little less confusing and a little more focused; we have begun to form a quasi plan, if you have constructive suggestions, we definitely welcome them and we will take them seriously.

That said, I've never tried anything I didn't like...

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The experienced wet shavers who love soaps can immediately feel the difference from one RazoRock line to another and clearly understand the different approach in the manufacturing progress, not only the visible different ingredients list. That said I think it's fair and polite to wait for our friend Giuseppe to disclose the names of the various Artisan makers, only when and if he desires to do so. In the meantime my friends enjoy those magnificent shaving soaps. Thank you.

Whoever is behind the Xmas in Tuscany should have their name written on a wall of fame somewhere. That soap is absolutely heavenly.

Whoever is behind the Xmas in Tuscany should have their name written on a wall of fame somewhere. That soap is absolutely heavenly.

X2. That soap is Great. Scent is spot on and the lather and perfromance is to die for. plus wifey loves it.

The experienced wet shavers who love soaps can immediately feel the difference from one RazoRock line to another and clearly understand the different approach in the manufacturing progress, not only the visible different ingredients list. That said I think it's fair and polite to wait for our friend Giuseppe to disclose the names of the various Artisan makers, only when and if he desires to do so. In the meantime my friends enjoy those magnificent shaving soaps. Thank you.

>>Taking a deep sniff of my XXX-T tub<< Always the voice of reason and propriety. Thank You Marco. :001_smile

We all know that RR soaps are terrific soaps. I am also impressed with the marketing savvy of what started as a "hobby business", bringing house branded quality Italian soap to North American consumers at an affordable price. I suspect that perhaps many Italian soap makers are selling more shave soap than they have in a very long time because of RR's marketing.

>>Taking another deep XXX-T sniff<< I think that Joe is smart to not reveal too much information. This allows us to continue enjoying our parlor game of speculating who makes what line of RR soaps.

Last edited:
I've tried both tallow and non tallow RR soaps and there is nothing I didn't like. The only ones I don't have anymore went to my son who I got started wet shaving last Sept. They are all great performers IMHO.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
+1
Thank you, Marco, for your usual: wisdom delivered with pure class.

RR is a great business which is as Joe describes and then some. I hope it never becomes overly focused because the discovery aspect has been so much fun. Thanks Joe

Joe, you do run a great business.

In fact, I received a package from your company yesterday that arrived two days ahead of schedule. It was a replacement tub of my much loved La Famiglia Don Marco. When I opened it, I was delighted to see that the packaging for the product had improved. The tub was sturdier and the graphics were sharper. It was an all around win!

Joe has said that he works with a number of different soap makers for his products. Not surprisingly then some lines are better than others - or perhaps it's much better to say some lines will be preferred over others by different folks here. I've used a bunch of RR lines, and none are bad. My favorites have been the original XXX and the karite lines. I have a tub of both versions of that line. I've got two samples of the argan oil soaps and I think I'm liking them too, although I've only tried each of them once. So I have more experimenting to do before making up my mind on them. In the end I'd say try them, find the ones that appeal to you and enjoy! Across the board they're a great bargain in the world of shaving soaps.

Slightly off topic:

Is the XXX-t the same base as any other soap, or just its own thing. I absolutely love it, and wouldn't mind a second scent

Top Bottom