What's new

Razorock Hawk V2 coming tomorrow according to IB Facebook page

:c1:
proxy.php
Picked this up today at the post office.

Seems they have 0 integrity ehh? by blatantly ripping off existing designs then add that to their crapola whiny customer service issues and I'll pass thank you very much.

I've never had any issues with their customer service whatsoever in probably 5 years as a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. My camera on my old phone is not as good as it use to be.

Initial impressions: compared to V1 aluminum
Weight : feels about the same as the V1 aluminum.

Fit and finish: excellent

Blade exposure: looks to be identical with Kai Titan Mild

Blade fit on new post design: with Kai Titan Mild some left right wiggle. No front back wiggle. Overall better than v1 aluminum. Not as good as the fit on my SS V1 Hawk or the Brass General.

Length: equal

Bottom adjustable knob on handle: rounded on the base so you cant tail stand the razor.

Feel in the hand: I like the feel in my hand more than the V1 aluminum. Equal to SS V1 Hawk in hand feel.

Any questions? Did I miss anything?

Shave later tonight with Feather Super for face to compare to the General. Feather pro-guard for head shave

First Shave with the Razorock Hawk V2
Face shave - Blade used - Feather Super (9th face shave)

Note that I find that I cannot shave my face with the Aluminum Hawk V1 due to it's light weight.

Initial impressions after first couple of swipes on both cheeks- Smooth - quick - efficient - Nice!

The Shave - Because this was my first shave with this razor and I need to figure it out still, I chose to go very light and not go for a two pass plus clean up BBS. In fact, I decided that I was only going to shoot for a DFS and wanted to see how easily I might get a DFS with this razor. I completed three passes as usual using little pressure. These passes went very quick and smoothly. Similar to the General, I find that with the rounded top cap is much more forgiving when it comes to attack angle and it will cut down the beard even if your attack angle is not perfect. It seemed to be going very well. After three quick passes; however, there was still enough rough patches that I decided to go for a fourth pass and still had to do some clean up. I made the mistake of using more pressure on the fourth pass and ended up with some irritation on the left and right underside of my jaw line, a very tiny bit of a creeper on my left cheek and damn there was still quite a bit of roughness there. I cleaned up the leftover rough patches using barely any pressure at all to avoid further irritating my skin and figured that I wasn't getting a DFS tonight. I thought to myself that I should have used the feather pro instead and maybe I wouldn't have gotten irritation under my jawline.

I rinsed off the shave soap and applied the alum block - Got a lot of feedback on my jawline and on my cheeks - Much more than I have felt in a while - Damn, not a good sign I let the Alum stay on my face while I proceeded to shave my head

After shaving my head I rinsed my face and applied the Alum again to my head and again to my face - No feedback.
Upon inspection - I see a bit of redness under my jaw line and a little bit on my cheeks. I apply Witch Hazel and then some Lubriderm Men's 3-in-1 face, body and aftershave balm and while doing so I am feeling my face and.....
BBS - Holly **** - BBS

I apply my Ogallala Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorn aftershave splash and "Ooooh!!!!the burn!!!! - I haven't felt a burn like this in a long time...it was a good burn and I liked it.
Note - A half hour later the redness is gone and I am left with a very soft most incredible BBS face.

Given this, based on this first shave, I still find that the General with the Feather Super is more efficient than the Hawk V2 with the Feather Super at eliminating the beard even if your technique is off simply because I don't get any irritation using the General and most often I can get BBS or damn near BBS using only two passes and touch ups with the Brass General.

I conclude that the Hawk V2 is just as aggressive as the Hawk V1 and both are more aggressive than the General - for me - the Feather Super in the General is a perfect paring giving just the right amount of aggressiveness and blade feel.

For me - The Feather Super in the Hawk V2 is more aggressive than I was ready for and I ended up getting some irritation as a result of using too much pressure on my fourth pass. (a fourth pass that shouldn't have even been needed)

It's very important to note though that since I cannot use the Aluminum Hawk V1 for face shaving due to it's light weight (I do use the heavier DLC SS Hawk V1 and think it's great), the simple fact that I was able to shave my face with the Hawk V2 says a lot in my opinion. I will take it a step down for my next shave and use a Feather AC pro blade instead of the Super to see if I can get as good a shave but with no irritation - I will then use the Feather Super again for my third shave and really pay attention to not use too much pressure on any of the passes to see if I can get as good a shave again without irritation.

First head shave with Razorock Hawk V2
Blade used - Feather AC pro-guard - on it's 16th head shave

Fantastic.
Quicker and easier full head shave than the aluminum Hawk V1.
More efficient than the Hawk V1
I did 2 passes and barely had to do any touch ups / clean ups and got BBS on my head

The shave : After the first pass I already had a DFS and I though to myself "incredible" and I considered stopping there but I decided to do a second pass against the grain for the purposes of this review. The second pass was just as effortless and quick as the first and upon feeling my head, there wasn't much to even clean up / touch up. This new rounded top cap makes shaving my head a breeze and it took very little concentration on technique to be able to fly though each pass. 16 head shaves on this blade and this blade seems to be getting better ***...

An important and very relevant point to be made - the crease one has on the back of the head / neck - for me is usually the one spot that I need to always touch up on and it takes effort to get the razor in there right to get the hair in there cut down close - I never get BBS in the creese, don't even try and don't count that when I say I BBS my head. Tonight though, with the Hawk V2's rounded top cap, it rolled on through the creese effortlessly and gave me a true BBS (even in this creese) and I didn't even have to work at it.

With the rounded top cap and the light weight, this razor is more forgiving than the Hawk V1 when it comes to technique and angle. It's also really easy to hold, move and manipulate the razor around the contour of the head. I got absolutely no irritation, no weepers or creepers just a fantastic and easily achieved BBS shave on my head.

I think as you mentioned, the problem with irritation could be from using the Feather Super blade. I think if you used a Feather Pro blade you would be alright. I find the Feather Super blades to be more aggressive than what I need and they don't deliver any closer shave for me.

I think as you mentioned, the problem with irritation could be from using the Feather Super blade. I think if you used a Feather Pro blade you would be alright. I find the Feather Super blades to be more aggressive than what I need and they don't deliver any closer shave for me.

I agree but I will still revisit the Feather AC super to give it another chance because I really feel that I could have done better with it. Given what I know now, I feel that I will do better with it the next time.

I also forgot to mention that I have never used a Feather AC super blade in either of my V1 Hawks so I really don't have any experience with the super's in the Hawks. The fact that I have been using the Super's in the Brass General without any problems (even on my first try) I think really reflects how the General is not as aggressive as the Hawk and how forgiving the General can be.

@Icedorrk clearly you are very luck since you get your items so quickly.

I don't know how Joe at Italian Barber @RazoRock does it but I have this image in my head of him driving across the border every night into Niagara Falls, NY with all the shave goods in the back of a pickup truck and then dropping off at that local post office. Regardless of how he does it I don't care... I love his products and just wait patiently for them to arrive to little ol' Utah so I can play with my new goodies.

I've wondered that many times myself. Always thought if that was the case, I could drive up and meet him since I'm only about 2 hours away.

I feel that I might need to clarify one point - Someone who has read my review assumed that I meant that the blade was wiggling from side to side when the razor was assembled. This is not the case. I was referring to how the blade is seated on the blade pins. Once the razor is fully assembled, there is no blade wiggle at all.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested - I have added a 9 month follow up review to my initial first impressions review
Razorock Black Hawk V2

Not even sure this old thread can be revived / if anyone will see it. I guess only one way to find out.

Top Bottom