What's new

Razor Stand, needed or not?

I see many razors (for example Rex or Timelessrazor or many others) selling for their razors a nice looking stand
My question
Do I even need it? I mean, if I just put the Razor (DE) after the use laying on the top of my drawer outside the bath, isn't that enough? does it matter for drying it out and cleaning and keeping it in a better condition at all?

nope, razor stands are for pretty display purposes. I use a couple test tube racks and a pipe rack to store my razors, and the razor that is in use get's hung on a razor hook in my shower.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Just another revenue stream I think, although stands can look nice. My razors are all vintage and cased, I keep then in the cases between uses, in the spare bedroom. If they did not have cases I would probably just wrap them each in a clean dry cloth between uses. I suppose it depends if you see razors as jewellery display pieces - I do not but some do, to each his own 👍

I have stands for all my modern razors, vintage in stainless rack in a cabinet in the bathroom. I prefer stands to racks, but as we know here YMMV.

A stand can help keep moisture from accumulating inside the handle. It’s a minor convenience, but it works for me.

What I do after shaving is take the razor apart and rinse and dry all the parts. Then I stick the handle upside down into the hole in the stand and leave it there until the inside is air dried. This works best if the stand has a drain hole in the bottom. Tatara stands have this. Otherwise it’s a good idea to wipe the hole in the stand dry once in awhile. This is easier than drying the inside of the handle.

While they're not necessary I find they help keep my razors organized. I bought this stand off of amazon a month ago and it's great since it fits 7 razors (not mine pictured). It's also great since it helps me keep a limit to how many DE razors I'm allowed to own.

razor-stand.png

Nope. It's entirely up to you. One advantage of stands is that they help reduce the bumping which leads to damage that can happen when razors are stored together in a drawer or cabinet so it can be a sort of insurance for expensive razors.

I don’t think they are totally necessary. I don’t use a stand nowadays for my DE razors or GII/Trac II razors. However, some of them do look great - especially the higher end ones. I mostly use the Broman razor nowadays and the stand for that doubles as a container for half-DE blades which is very useful.

I only have one brush and razor I'm using so maybe this thread isn't directed at me... However, both razor and brush fit in one stand. The stand sits on top of the plastic soap tub and the plastic soap tub fits in the shave bowl. This keeps the bathroom counter-top organized which keeps the wife happy.

I guess one could debate if this is an argument for necessity, or not.

They are not necessary. That being said, I have them for my modern razors. I do like my razors standing up and organized so I will have to find something for the ones that don't have stand.

They are not necessary, but I use one to keep the loaded razor out f harms way. No need for someone to get cut, r a nick in the blade because it hit something hard. The stand just gives me a place to know where the loaded razor is and puts it away from getting bumped accidentally. It also holds my brush.

They’re not necessary at all. However, I do own and use one. It holds the razor and brush I’ll be using for the next morning’s shave.

Top Bottom