What's new

Razor Identification

I receive this blade but have not clue as to what it is. I appreciate any help, thank you.
15F5D100-A07E-4547-99FD-F2ACE2385813.png
4EB0E51D-D423-421C-9C2A-6EE5181FDBD5.jpeg

Based on what is visible, my best guess is that it is a Friedr Herder, as he registered the "Don Carlos" trademark in 1932. The engraving looks a half wiped out "Carlos" in a circle.

Or it could be a "Cosmos" trademarked in 1904 by Goedecke.

Thank you mk14shooter. My intial thought was early 70’s but clearly I know little. The razor took a nice edge but I still need to shave with it. I will call her Jane Doe #89

Thank you mk14shooter. My intial thought was early 70’s but clearly I know little. The razor took a nice edge but I still need to shave with it. I will call her Jane Doe #89

I didn't saw anywhere about this straight razor. So i doubted. And also didn't hollow ground. Every where is full hollow ground Crown Sword. @ajduplessis

SNE-LX1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
You will enjoy the 1166. All vintage Solingen fine grain carbon steel blades perform fantastic.

Nice rescale.:thumbsup:

Is this a fake then?
I don't believe fake "made in Germany" markings was an issue back then. I'm not saying trademark infringement wasn't a problem though since that is well documented and there are plenty of examples floating around.
There are Pakistani razors modeled after German razors, but they are still marked Pakistan, unless it was ground off (which I've seen a few times). Two Golden Men (like Henckels Twins) and Messerschmidt come to mind. Tang stamps are sloppy and the scales are often deteriorating. They stand out.
As @kcb5150 mentioned, there are a LOT of brandings coming from the same maker.

Top Bottom