What's new

Razor Blade Acquisition Thread

9A6DA31A-3455-4007-B1F3-727C3B413947.jpeg

Hundreds and hundreds of new blades since I posted here. Don't have the time to photograph everything.

Here are the last. I unexpectedly found in a local store Minora Stainless "Win Gold" edition. Made for Algeria only, and on the back it says the whole "3g of Gold" deal is only valid if you are a resident of Algeria. Imagine my surprise when I found at home they are not 5-packs but 10-packs!!!
So, 6.9EUR for a 200 pcs card. :lol: Although I have 300-400 of the regular yellow packaging I couldn't miss a deal like that.

minora 200.jpg

Hundreds and hundreds of new blades since I posted here. Don't have the time to photograph everything.

Here are the last. I unexpectedly found in a local store Minora Stainless "Win Gold" edition. Made for Algeria only, and on the back it says the whole "3g of Gold" deal is only valid if you are a resident of Algeria. Imagine my surprise when I found at home they are not 5-packs but 10-packs!!!
So, 6.9EUR for a 200 pcs card. :lol: Although I have 300-400 of the regular yellow packaging I couldn't miss a deal like that.

View attachment 1535155

A while ago I saw someone posting on a Facabook shaving group about these blades and I wonder how good are they. Let us know how yo compare them to any other Gillette blades like Nacet or Perma-Sharp.

A while ago I saw someone posting on a Facabook shaving group about these blades and I wonder how good are they. Let us know how yo compare them to any other Gillette blades like Nacet or Perma-Sharp.

I have been using them for more than a year.
They are probably on the level of sharpness of Nacet Stainless. A touch sharper than Perma-Sharp. Not very lasting for me. Only 3 shaves with my whiskers.

I have been using them for more than a year.
They are probably on the level of sharpness of Nacet Stainless. A touch sharper than Perma-Sharp. Not very lasting for me. Only 3 shaves with my whiskers.

That's good to know. I rarely push any blade beyond its third use anyway.

Btw, did you find them locally (and where) or online?

That's good to know. I rarely push any blade beyond its third use anyway.

Btw, did you find them locally (and where) or online?

Just FYI. I get 4 equally close shaves out of a Nacet Stainless. 5 from Gillette Platinum (both dark blue and light blues). 5 from Polsilver Super Iridium.

The ones I posted above which are with the 'Win gold' packaging I found locally in a brick-and-mortar store in Bulgaria.
The same blades in the regular yellow packaging I got from the RBC and other online stores.

They are on their way. I am excited to try the Dorco line. Also, this 'OK' blade from Lord and the Lord super chrome, I've never used those either. The description of the ''OK'' is ''great for sensitive skin'', so we'll see how that works :)
Untitled.png

They are on their way. I am excited to try the Dorco line. Also, this 'OK' blade from Lord and the Lord super chrome, I've never used those either. The description of the ''OK'' is ''great for sensitive skin'', so we'll see how that works :)
View attachment 1571229
I've never heard of the OK blades, where did you order them from? Looks like a Razor Blades Club order?

I've never heard of the OK blades, where did you order them from? Looks like a Razor Blades Club order?
Yeah, from RBC. I was browsing there a few days ago and I noticed those blades appeared. I saw also in the ''Your latest 100 blade acquisition'' thread that someone got a 100 pack of them. They also appear on the official Lord webpage.

Top Bottom