What's new

Razor Blade Acquisition Thread

It looks like there are acquisition threads for razors, soaps, creams and brushes but not for razor blades? (Apologies if I've missed it, but a search brought up nothing for me).
So, what blades have you recently acquired?

This is my haul from the last week
20200907_142330.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to hear your take on the Super Shaver X blades.

That said you have a nice haul there. At least three of those are in my top 10 favorite blades, and I suspect the German Personna will be when I try them. I haven't used the King Gillette's yet, but I suspect they are a rebrand of an existing Gillette blade and if so are probably fantastic as well.

That said you have a nice haul there. At least three of those are in my top 10 favorite blades, and I suspect the German Personna will be when I try them. I haven't used the King Gillette's yet, but I suspect they are a rebrand of an existing Gillette blade and if so are probably fantastic as well.
Thanks, the BIC and Israeli Personnas are my top two blades (so far). The German Personna were to see if they are the same as the Israeli for future reference and the PolSilver to see what all the fuss is about before they dissappear (part of me hopes I don't like them due to how hard they are to come by now 😂)
The King C came with the razor and the X blades were a freebie with the Personna order. I've heard good things about the King C but I've heard the X blades are quite mild and I'm not usually a fan of mild blades. I'll try and keep an open mind though and gave them a fair tryout at some point in the near future!

I simply used bad "netiquette" and posted in here : What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?
Perhaps I will use this thread next. Either way that looks like a nice haul @Abz88 Sometimes I feel like a kid opening packs of sports cards wrappers excited to find out what's inside when I open a tuck of blades. Have fun !
Yes, I've posted there before as well, but figured a blade acquisition thread would be interesting to see what smaller quantities of blades people are buying to tryout along with larger purchases (and what they think of them)

Thanks, the BIC and Israeli Personnas are my top two blades (so far). The German Personna were to see if they are the same as the Israeli for future reference and the PolSilver to see what all the fuss is about before they dissappear (part of me hopes I don't like them due to how hard they are to come by now 😂)
The King C came with the razor and the X blades were a freebie with the Personna order. I've heard good things about the King C but I've heard the X blades are quite mild and I'm not usually a fan of mild blades. I'll try and keep an open mind though and gave them a fair tryout at some point in the near future!
I find the Polsilvers to be lovely blades, but other blades in the universe give me enough similar enjoyment that I'm not sure I'll always have some Polsilvers in my stash. That said I always seem to have a tuck or two squirreled away somehow so I must keep buying them in small numbers. I tend to use them rarely, and usually on special occasions ( i.e. I loaded one on Christmas day ). I like having a blade in my stash that I look forward to using. If I only use 1 or 2 a year I probably have 20-30 years worth :)

The BICs and Personna's in your haul give me 95% of the enjoyment of the Polsilvers at 50% of the cost so I don't feel like I'm sacrificing much.

There is an existing small recent thread on here about the super X blades. I just can’t find it.

ive used about 20 as an experiment because they’re new. Cheap, comfortable, not that sharp and middle of the road. Won’t buy again.

Now the new Gillette C King blades IMO are REALLY GOOD BLADES, sharp smooth long lasting and EXPENSIVE. There’s a recent ongoing thread on here somewhere for them too.
I bought 200 Gillette light blue platinums for a third of the price and think they’re just as good

A box of Personna Med Prep blades arrived yesterday. First use this morning... these are going to be my everyday use blades for sure.

I have a sample pack of Med Preps waiting to use. I think I have 12 "different" Personna blades now, if I can get hold of a vintage Personna razor I'm thinking about doing a year of Personna with a different blade each month.

Another delivery today, 50 Sharp Star blades. I've never tried these before but they get good reviews, are hard to come buy and postage made buying a single tuck to uneconomical so I thought 50 was a good middle ground as but I don't like buying 100 of a blade I've never tried.

20210226_103635.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom