What's new

Razor Blade Acquisition Thread

4C6BC134-0B65-4873-BAD1-ECB1502DC9F0.jpeg

I’ve been meaning to try these. I keep seeing them mentioned.

My latest acquisition was 20 King C. Gillette blades off eBay. I got them for way, way less than retail which on Amazon is $6 for 10 blades. Part of that price is the ridiculous packaging. Look at this silliness.

View attachment 1339346

Two tucks held at an angle in a bespoke little box. Once you get past the crazy packaging, you are left with a fine blade indeed. Very smooth and sharp.
I'm ordering a variety pack anyway, but I had been using drugstore Wilkinson Swords, and meandered over to the shave section at Walmart. They have this huge stupid looking display for all the new line. I'm guessing the blades are good, they were completely sold out. They were also pricey. Good to know for the price that they are at least decent blades.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was wondering if anyone was going to post some AC single edge blades. I have some inbound blades just like yours showing up in a few days. They've already been shipped. I still had one I couldn't find at Bullgooseshaving.com but Amazon had them... one of the Kai Captain offerings. I'm really hoping the Schick P-30s are as good as the people here say. I ordered two of them. So far, I like the Feather ProGuards the most. I've only tried the ProSoft guards as an alternative. They are good, but I get a closer shave with the ProGuards.

I'm really looking forward to trying out all the other options. I didn't order any of the more aggressive blades. I might be disappointed in the Kai Captain "mild" blades but we'll see. That's part of the fun of it. I love that with an AC razor, I only have to try a total of 6 different blades.. not experiment with 109 DE varieties. I won't live long enough for that. ;) <eg>

I was wondering if anyone was going to post some AC single edge blades. I have some inbound blades just like yours showing up in a few days. They've already been shipped. I still had one I couldn't find at Bullgooseshaving.com but Amazon had them... one of the Kai Captain offerings. I'm really hoping the Schick P-30s are as good as the people here say. I ordered two of them. So far, I like the Feather ProGuards the most. I've only tried the ProSoft guards as an alternative. They are good, but I get a closer shave with the ProGuards.

I'm really looking forward to trying out all the other options. I didn't order any of the more aggressive blades. I might be disappointed in the Kai Captain "mild" blades but we'll see. That's part of the fun of it. I love that with an AC razor, I only have to try a total of 6 different blades.. not experiment with 109 DE varieties. I won't live long enough for that. ;) <eg>
I ordered all the ac blades too. I will try them out going forward. I ordered feather and kai and proshave s blades. I already had the proline which I do like.

Hi

All these blades I bought recently here in Brazilian market.

20220505_211258.jpg

Strike says Made in India, don't know who manufactures it, pack so much alike Supermax blades. Chromium and Platinum options.

20220505_211325.jpg
20220505_211334.jpg

Barbex Platinum blades, made in Pakistan by Treet. Actually pretty good blades.

20220505_211452.jpg
20220505_211630.jpg
20220505_211737.jpg
20220505_211802.jpg
20220505_212059.jpg
20220505_212129.jpg
20220505_212439.jpg

Master Barba and Fiat Lux Flexor (old box) both made by Lord in Egypt. Fiat Lux Flexor, new pack, new batches, from China.

MAX BRAND generic imported from China, the only one not good of all these, but soo cheap (about US$ 4 cents each).

LAMIX NEW PLATINUM PRO are Vietnamese Dorco, excellent.

SUPER BARBA both yellow and black pack are the same Israeli Personna, great.

Faiter are good blades made in India by Tigashka Metallics Pvt Ltd , Ram Nagar Indl Area Gagret, maybe someone from Supermax family.

A little diversity is amazing, ten or twelve years ago I always had go to ebay and buy blades from overseas, except Gillette Azul Aço Inox (discontinuated), Gillette Wilkinson Sword made in Brazil or BIC made in Greece blades, the only three options here in the country.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the unique Brazilian blades. I have a few of the Wilkinson Brazil blades and they are fantastic. I want to try those SuperBarba blades made in Israel.

Thanks for sharing the unique Brazilian blades. I have a few of the Wilkinson Brazil blades and they are fantastic. I want to try those SuperBarba blades made in Israel.
Super barba are just regular Israeli Personna. If you tried before, are exactly the same. Great blades in my opinion.

The only ones actually made here are Wilkinson Sword by PG. All others are rebranded from Personna, Dorco, Treet, Lord, Supermax or other relatively unknown indian or Chinese industries.

These are most bought by saloon barbers as very very few people use safety razors at home nowadays. Just a few revamped by internet hype last decade, as me.

Just got 1000 Wizamet from superiridium.com. No issues at all, sent from France to Brazil.

Looks like the real thing, to naked eye no difference in the blade itself from other Wizamet I bought from other sources.

Except that my older Wizamet from a few years ago have double inner paper (one outer blue printed Wizamet and other inner blank). Now have only one white paper printed in black SUPER IRIDIUM.

And now it has TM instead of R at end of Super Iridium.

Last picture is from a sample from my old batch.

20220509_174046.jpg

20220509_174056.jpg

20220509_174146.jpg

20220509_174224.jpg
20220509_182428.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom