What's new

Razor Blade Acquisition Thread

More vintage blades..but too scared to use them though..

iji.png

Up here in small town British Columbia our local Extra Foods grocery store is being shut down to turn into a No Frills store (they do not carry any name brand items). On a whim I checked their shaving stuff section, King C Gillette DE blades on clearance for $1.94/pack (regular about $10/pack).

So now I have 50 more KCG blades (their whole stock), hehe.
Great score! I think that's the cheapest I've ever heard of anyone paying for King C Blades by far!

I’ve been meaning to try these. I keep seeing them mentioned.

My latest acquisition was 20 King C. Gillette blades off eBay. I got them for way, way less than retail which on Amazon is $6 for 10 blades. Part of that price is the ridiculous packaging. Look at this silliness.

8FEA6A9D-DE74-4C7B-9AAA-193BAA002C4B.jpeg

Two tucks held at an angle in a bespoke little box. Once you get past the crazy packaging, you are left with a fine blade indeed. Very smooth and sharp.

Opened up an order from YourShaving today and it had a free pack of The Gentlemen's Super Platinum Max included. No idea what to expect with these!

blade.jpg

Don't have pics since I'm at work, but just took delivery of four 5 packs of vintage NOS Schick plus platinum and one 15 pack and four 5 packs of vintage NOS Gillette spoilers.
Interested in trying these famous blades.

Did you try one?

Do you shave with these or just a collectible?

I had a blade spectacular on Thursday.

100 Gillette Platinum and a sampler from TryABlade.

I want to try them but too scared they might have rust/tetanus..even thought they seem to be sharp/no rust on them.
I'll wait for my docs confirmation that my shots are up to date and then use barbicide & alcohol to sanitize them and eventually use them.

Shark Stainless are very smooth blades. They did not last the longest but I got them so cheap. I never tried Lord Platinum blades, it would great to hear what you think of them. Disclaimer my blade opinions are mine, your results may vary.
They work very well for 4 good shaves each and at 7 cents a blade on Amazon they are a bargain. I find Lord Platinum blades very comfortable and they are getting some recognition among many shavers as a better bargain blade than the Astra SP. Of course YMMV. To see these blades at 200x click this link Eye Test

Freebie tuck thrown in with an order from Yourshaving. Not a blade I've come across before.

blades.jpg

Top Bottom