What's new

Rare shaving find . . .

proxy.php

Anybody found other ancient Burma-Shave ads? I remember reading the signs on vacation when I was a kid in the 50's.

I remember reading those Burma Shave signs, too. I remember one in particular:
"Free Free
A trip to Mars
For 900
Empty Jars" Burma Shave." Makes no sense, but I still quote that verse from time to time. After 60 years, it is still in my head.

Route 66 between Ash Fork & Seligman (AZ) still has Burma Shave signs! We like to drive that stretch whenever we visit Flagstaff or Sedona - Snow Cap for a cheeseburger!

I found this on Wikipedia -

• Free — free / a trip to Mars / for 900 / empty jars / Burma-Shave
One respondent, Arlyss French, who was the owner of a Red Owl grocery store, did submit 900 empty jars; the company replied: "If a trip to Mars you earn, remember, friend, there's no return." The company, on the recommendation of Red Owl's publicity team, sent him on vacation to the town of Moers (often pronounced "Mars" by foreigners) near Duisburg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.

~Frank

Route 66 between Ash Fork & Seligman (AZ) still has Burma Shave signs! We like to drive that stretch whenever we visit Flagstaff or Sedona - Snow Cap for a cheeseburger!

Wow! I remember the Snow Cap. My dad used to take be there when I worked with him during the summer. Is Angel is there? I guess he would be about 90 or so!

I grew up in Prescott, AZ.

Sorry, I didn't mean to thread jack this thread.

Top Bottom