What's new

Railways

Does anyone else photograph locomotives and railway equipment?

A prototype locomotive shot in Tübingen, Germany

Attachments

• thumbnail - 2019-09-02T095016.435.jpg
    thumbnail - 2019-09-02T095016.435.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 44
Just one more. This is a UK locomotive called The Flying Scotsman, this is a 1920s steam engine that had a reputation for covering long distances of London to Glasgow at high speeds.

This image is in its war time livery of flat black to try and make it less visible to German bombers. It has now been restored to an apple green colour but I think it looks superb in black. I can just imagine the train racing through the night at 100 mph, sparks flying from the fire box, clouds belching from the funnel, must have been magnificent..

Flying scotsman black.jpg

flying.jpg

Just one more. This is a UK locomotive called The Flying Scotsman, this is a 1920s steam engine that had a reputation for covering long distances of London to Glasgow at high speeds.

This image is in its war time livery of flat black to try and make it less visible to German bombers. It has now been restored to an apple green colour but I think it looks superb in black. I can just imagine the train racing through the night at 100 mph, sparks flying from the fire box, clouds belching from the funnel, must have been magnificent..

View attachment 1046676

View attachment 1046677

Beautiful train she was parked up in Lincoln last year, to fill up with coal and water in the siding near me pity I was not able to stop and take a photo or 2 or more.

(Now kicking myself & nobody else is gonna do it :001_tt2: )

showed this in another thread maybe. My wife was working near where this was on disply on it’s tour, so she went at lunch to see it. It is the world’s largest steam locomotive-Big-Boy. It went through a six year restoration while also being converted to oil burner, then toured.

An extremely impressive locomotive and exemplary for the capacity and know how of American industry. Aesthically, I prefer the cab-forward models of the Southern-Pacific - they were, as a result of their construction, always oil-fired.

Top Bottom