What's new

Quijote's wet shaving journey

Just got notification about our pack's pinewood derby. They are adding an outlaw class for parents and siblings. The only rule is that it has to fit on the track.

Edit: for my son's cub scout pack.

Mail call
20180223_173207.jpg

Straight Shave #21

Keen Kutter K11/Tech - Polisilver (12)
Smattayu Tuxedo
B&M Lavanille
Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender

Today was the first day in a while that I tried to tackle my neck on my second pass. Boy oh boy did that feel awkward. I couldn't quite find the right angle of attack with the blade to be able to do what I needed. Oh well, I felt that way on other parts too. It will come to me. No nicks or anything else. However, not my closest shave either.

The lucky tiger is some good stuff. It was a little more dry than I thought it would be. And I ended up using a little too much, but it made my skiing feel silky smooth. It is going to be a great addition to the den.

The unconditional surrender is also a great scent. I am not one that is good at describing scents, but to me, it is leathery, tobacco"y", and earthy that works very well.

A la Mancha, the wife and I went to the gym this morning. It was great, and I showed her how to use a few of the machines she didn't know how to use. Then I overdid it a little. I will be feeling it tomorrow.

Straight Shave #22

Keen Kutter K11/Tech - Polisilver (13)
Stirling Synthetic
CFG Santa Paula
Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream

Hello all. Yesterday was one of those days that it would have probably been better to stay in bed all day. It even started with the shave. Well, after @skypsyd described this scent, I knew I had to try it. He was 100% correct on it. I got more of the stems and leaves of the orange tree than the scent of the fruit. It was incredible. However, it seems as though CFG soaps and my water are just not friends. It wasn't as slick as many of my other soaps. I will try to dial it in more. Then on my first pass, I caught the tip on my ear and have it a nice little slice. On my second pass, the blade really dug in. I am not sure if the razor needs refreshing or what, but it was the deepest cut I have had. I am taking a couple of days off from the straight to let everything heal. I only used the Lucky Tiger to see how long the mint scent will stick around. It was only about 10 minutes, this stuff will be great for layering.

That's too bad that the CFG doesn't seem to like your water. Hopefully you can get it dialed in because the scents are awesome.

Tech - Polisilver (14)
Shavemac Finest 21mm
Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
LT VC/Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender

Today, I stuck with the DE. I said before that the CCC and the US are good matches and I still believe it. This aftershave has quickly become one of my favorite scents. According to their website, the scent notes are amber, tonka bean, amyris, cedarwood, agarwood, vetiver, cigar tobacco, black tea, jasmine and geranium. This soap is so slick, it led to an easy 2 pass DFS today that let my face heal a little. Luckily, when I got myself yesterday, the blade was moving slowly, so it wasn't a sushi situation, just a deep cut.

I need to do some research on that aftershave. That scent profile sounds like a winner. And in my mind I think you are right a good match for that soap.

Top Bottom