What's new

Quiet Man Irish Whisky

So for St Patrick's Day I went to the local whisky store and saw something I hadn't seen. It was called the Quiet Man Whiskey. Not named after the John Wayne movie but after a man's father who was a bartender in Ireland. Apprently he listened alot and said little...

Anyways, it was on sale and the internet reviews called it nice for the price I would be spending.

Dinner service went through and between servers and other managers buying me drinks that night and I returning the favor, there wasn't much left in my bottle of the Quiet Man 8 year. I enjoyed it neat. So did most everyone else.

Fast forward to today. My younger brother completed his MBA. I got him a decent pen and I was talking about that in the Nib but I wanted to get him something more. I asked him if he liked scotch and he replied "Yes, it is all whiskey."

I know he liked bourbon and Irish whiskey. A bottle of Jameson's is usually his birthday gift so after stumbling through the scotch aisle not knowing what to get him and looking at some higher end bourbons I wondered into the Irish Section and remembered this great example from last March.

I don't quite remember the tasting notes on the 8 year other than liking it and thinking it was pretty smooth and full flavored. I'm hoping he enjoys it but I know he will and anyone he shares a dram with.

You should try to find those tasting notes and give us a full review!! Thank you for sharing the label!:thumbup1:

I find quiet man very drinkable. Not one of my top Irish whiskeys but above many others. I think your brother will enjoy it

Top Bottom