What's new

Question on using Gorilla 2part clear Epoxy for bush setting.

Hello everyone.

I am a bit confused from what I have read. Is Gorilla two part clear 5 min. set Epoxy safe to use or good to use to glue a brush knot? I have read that it may expand as it drys. Is this true, anyone tried this brand of epoxy? I am getting ready to set a brush on a PAA Switchback 400 Aluminus. Have two Ferrules to glue knots into. I picked up the Gorilla epoxy since that’s all there was and homedepot. Now I am nervous.

should I get the Loctite Marine Epoxy and use it instead of the Gorilla Epoxy? Since it seems that is what most people are using these days?

any expoxy will do but the longer the time setting the better.
I like clear ones, Loctite Marine is white, gotta be very careful not to overrun.

Ok, I think I feel better now. Thank you all for your feedback. The brush and knots should be here in a couple of days, then I have to get to work on it. Can't wait.

I'm not a fan of any of these two-tubes-in-one-container epoxies. I've found it hard to make sure you apply an equal amount from each tube. I prefer two containers, one with the epoxy and one with the hardener. It's just easier to make sure you apply an equal amount of each.

That's exactly what I used to set my last two knots. It works great. Just remember, it doesn't take much to create a good bond.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks for this thread and opinions all im getting ready to do this soon and have been delaying due to this question.

I glued the knots last night and I will take your advise and let it set for three days. So far it looks good, not tacky and rather shiny. I will take a picture on Tuesday evening and post it for you guys. Again thanks for your advice.

7B856F24-5DA3-4B80-8013-84B4C5B20C91.jpeg
Well I couldn’t wait. From what I can tell it looks like it cured well. I assembled it for the picture but will wait until tomorrow to try it out.

Top Bottom