What's new

Quest for less technology

oh my I just saw it........ I HAVE 19....NOOO..I HAVE 20 (I have a 2nd Gillette SuperSpeed)......NO I HAVE 21 RAZORS(I have a Gillette Slim that I have not used because it has a bent SB).. STOP IT.... I AM A HOARDER. How did this happen? This is bad! I am 1.5 year into this and I have 21 razors. See I should never have counted. I was in blissful ignorance. Shake it off..

Wow 21 in 1.5 years that is like 1 razor in a month. I’m drooling 🤔🤣.

Better get that missing GC.76 and 1.05 to complete the set.

Wow 21 in 1.5 years that is like 1 razor in a month. I’m drooling 🤔🤣.

Better get that missing GC.76 and 1.05 to complete the set.
Do not tempt me. You are too new here to be trying to enable like that. 🤣
At least they are not high priced razors. That's the excuse I have for that. I think actually that my Game changer is my most expensive razor. The .76 plate is kind of interesting, but I have enough.....for now. Razors seems to trickle in and the number just slowly but surely increases.

At least I did not buy 2000 blades in my first month or two like you! You are well on your way to be a first class blade hoarder.

Last edited:
At least they are not high priced razors. I think actually that my Game changer is my most expensive razor. The .76 plate is kind of interesting, but I have enough.....for now. At least I did not buy 2000 blades in my first month or two like @Jaybyrd. He is well on his way to be a first class blade hoarder.

It was actually me who hoarded 2000 blades in 2 months. 200 more coming. 🤣

@Jaybyrd is the high end RAD collector who we tease to get Tedalus. 🤔🤣

On the side note, isn’t it hard to monitor all those manually? Suggest to try shave den app, it does monitor everything for you.

Attachments

• IMG_9081.png
    IMG_9081.png
    169 KB · Views: 4

On the side note, isn’t it hard to monitor all those manually? Suggest to try shave den app, it does monitor everything for you.
Yes i spotted my mistake and I had to go back and correct my mistaken identity. Yes you are the BAD person and @Jaybyrd is the RAD guy. Got it!

Actually I have a shave log in google sheet and my razor usage and loads of other things are calculated automatically for me so no sweat. As long as I put in SOTD I am good. You probably have seen my month end/beginning statistic dumps I do here in my journal. It is from the same data. I just made a new pivot table in sheets. 🤓 I have all kinds of things in my spreadsheet. Razor, Blade, Razor vs Blade, Soap usage, Razor usage and more.

I did look at the shave den app, but I think it is just for Apple I think and I am an Android guy. Unless it is a sideloaded app for Android and not on the play store.

Received a letter from AT & T last week, it was addressed to my Dad, he died October 2014. Yes I forward his mail 10 years ago to me. Letter stated his Idenity could be stolen because of recent A T & T DATA BREACH. Technology again failed twice.:letterk1:

Yes i spotted my mistake and I had to go back and correct my mistaken identity. Yes you are the BAD person and @Jaybyrd is the RAD guy. Got it!

Actually I have a shave log in google sheet and my razor usage and loads of other things are calculated automatically for me so no sweat. As long as I put in SOTD I am good. You probably have seen my month end/beginning statistic dumps I do here in my journal. It is from the same data. I just made a new pivot table in sheets. 🤓 I have all kinds of things in my spreadsheet. Razor, Blade, Razor vs Blade, Soap usage, Razor usage and more.

I did look at the shave den app, but I think it is just for Apple I think and I am an Android guy. Unless it is a sideloaded app for Android and not on the play store.

@WhiskerLess might be rubbing off on me...I just got 100 Permasharps and have 100 Nacet and 100 GSB on the way so I am getting there, although I may need a place to stay if my wife finds my stash 😂

Here is my drawer of razors I have amassed since February…the Karve Bison, the Henson ++, and the blue Henson are not shown here oh and the 1912 Gem that I got restored. The Leaf Twig & Thorn are in the silver cases. And the black Rockwell 6S is in a travel case. Haha. I think I’ll slow down for now. But I’m sure I’ll find something when I venture to London in July!

IMG_4156.jpeg

@WhiskerLess might be rubbing off on me...I just got 100 Permasharps and have 100 Nacet and 100 GSB on the way so I am getting there, although I may need a place to stay if my wife finds my stash 😂

Here is my drawer of razors I have amassed since February…the Karve Bison, the Henson ++, and the blue Henson are not shown here oh and the 1912 Gem that I got restored. The Leaf Twig & Thorn are in the silver cases. And the black Rockwell 6S is in a travel case. Haha. I think I’ll slow down for now. But I’m sure I’ll find something when I venture to London in July!

View attachment 1847233
For some unknown reason I suddenly feel a sense of relief!

View attachment 1847233

Great acquisitions there @Jaybyrd.

May need to prepare a 2nd drawer after London. 🤔🤣

This shows my razors in ascending use order. This way I know which razors that are coming up next. Now there are a couple of razors I will phase out and get rid of like the Leaf and others :eek2:😳😳............oh my I just saw it........ I HAVE 19....NOOO..I HAVE 20 (I have a 2nd Gillette SuperSpeed)......NO I HAVE 21 RAZORS(I have a Gillette Slim that I have not used because it has a bent SB).. STOP IT.... I AM A HOARDER. How did this happen? This is bad! I am 1.5 year into this and I have 21 razors. See I should never have counted.
My 30+ soaps don't look so bad now.

View attachment 1847233
Some very nice razors there though.

View attachment 1847233
Looks like you Cannon balled into that rabbit hole, I am impressed. Great job sir.

the sandlot ham GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

So, what are your thoughts on your razors. Maybe commenting on the ones with ten shaves or more? Maybe rankings?
Here are my rankings so far for my razors. I have included the ones below 10 shaves, but I will ignore those.
1715882467311.png

• RR GC .84P
    • Solid SS Razor, built like a tank, pretty heavy
    • Upper medium scale in aggressiveness
    • Very efficient razor for me
    • Has a fair amount of blade feel.
    • I have to be on my toes a bit while using to not cause irritation, but if I do my job I am rewarded with a wonderful close shave.
    • Too many shaves in a row with this razor can cause accumulative irritation for me.
    • Not blade sensitive, but shines on the less harsh blades.
  • Greencult GC 1.1
    • Solid sleek SS Razor, less bulky SS razor
    • Highly efficient
    • Good amount of blade feel
    • Got to be alert with this one. It can bite and has bitten me. If I do my part it is a great razor and produces the closest shaves of my razors.
    • Too many shaves in a row on a daily basis will cause irritation.
    • Have not experienced blade sensitivity.
  • RR Mentor
    • Zamak razor head. Usually put on an RR handle
    • Quality issues. My razor have terrible alignment issues. However, I have been gifted another head from @Darth Scandalous that has much less play in the head. You have to pay attention to this before you tighten it down.
    • Very efficient
    • Have to pay attention to the shave, but still an easy shaver. Very consistent shaver. Nice and close
    • I can use this one the entire week without accumulation irritation
    • No blade sensitivity noticed.
  • Matador de Luxe
    • Yummmmm probably my favorite razor at the writing of this
    • Vintage Swedish razor(~1930's-1960's). I think it is plated brass, but I could be wrong.
    • Very well build. Solid alignment etc.
    • Medium aggressiveness
    • Very efficient
    • Fair amount of blade feel
    • Easy razor to use. Autopilot almost. It can bite, but it is not often. Yields very high end shaves.
    • No issues with irritation
    • Very blade tolerant. I have tossed a good number of blades at it without any issues.
  • KCG
    • Modern Gillette, Zamak head and ? handle
    • Alignment is solid
    • VERY mild. Probably my mildest razor.
    • Currently my travel razor, but that might change with the wind.
    • No blade feel to talk about since negative blade exposure.
    • Takes some skill to get good results. Hard to get top notch results, but very presentable results are easy. difficult to cut yourself with, but you have to be careful not to buff and polish too much to reach better shaves becasue it may cause irritation.
    • No issues using it for an entire week.
    • Does better with sharper blades. Although running Derby Premium through it was a great number of shaves.
  • RR GC .68P
    • Solid SS Razor, built like a tank, Pretty heavy
    • On mild scale in aggressiveness
    • Minimal amount of blade feel.
    • Easy razor to use. Not much if any positive exposure so it requires higher degree of technique to get a good shave with it. Easy to reach DFS level shaves with it, but more difficult to reach upper end of DFS.
    • No issues whatsoever with irritation.
    • The most comfortable shaver that I have.
    • Not blade sensitive really, but shines on sharper blades.
  • RR SLOC
    • Zamak head. Pretty well built. Looks cool
    • No alignment issues.
    • My favorite OC razor. Hmmm on second thought it is probably share with the Fatip Grande OC
    • Medium aggressiveness and quite efficient.
    • A bit of blade feel
    • This one you need some skills to yield, but it is not difficult to use. Easy DFS level shaves
    • Can cause a bit of skin tightness if you are not careful. also using this razor too many shaves back to back can accumulate a bit additional irritation.
    • I cannot recall any blade sensitivity.
  • Fatip Grande OC
    • Plated Brass design. Looks cool
    • Mine has a bit of alignment issues so attention while tightening it down is needed.
    • Upper Medium aggressiveness and quite efficient.
    • Smooth shaver once you learn how to use it. It does have a bit of a learning curve. This razor gave me probably my worst shave ever when I first used it. I had two fire burning, hot lava shaves.
    • A fair amount of blade feel. It feels a bit "dangerous"
    • This one you need some skills to yield, but it is not difficult to use, but the shave result consistency is a bit lower than the others. I have not used it in a good while so that may have changed.
    • Can cause a bit of skin tightness if you are not careful. also using this razor too many shaves back to back can accumulate a bit additional irritation.
    • I cannot recall any blade sensitivity.
Yes there are a few more with 10 or more shaves, but those are further down. Yes yes I know the Tech and SuperSpeed is down there. I have not used them in a long time and I'm sure it will rise once I start using it again. Also to let you know that the Swing and the SoloEdge are rising stars. These are fantastic as well, but have not reached the 10 shave limit yet. The Swing will reach 10 tonight though so and honorary mention is in order:
  • Swing SB
    • Yummmmm might be my future favorite razor
    • Vintage Swedish razor(~1920's-1950's). I think it is plated brass, but I could be wrong.
    • Came with the original Bakelite handle so I use a RR vintage slim SS handle, which works great on it.
    • Very well build. Solid alignment etc.
    • Upper Medium aggressiveness
    • Highly efficient
    • Easy razor to use. It can bite, but it is not often. Yields very high end shaves.
    • No issues with irritation so far
    • Very blade tolerant so far.

Top Bottom