What's new

qshave razor

hey peeps, so im wondering who has a qshave razor? if so, do any of you use it for head shaving?

i got mine delivered today, this is my first adjustable de razor, i have to admit i cant wait to try it and my first thought is that im very impressed,
the packaging and the look of it is nice, i got the qshave razor, the stand and a leather sleeve for £20.77 delivered on amazon
(link below bare in mind additonal delivery charge if you dont have prime)

I still havent actually tried it and i plan on using it soon however i shave my the hair on my head as oppose to most of you who probably use it for facial hair,
so far i really cant knock it but its early days, proof is in the pudding whether i actually like the shave of it when im actually using it,
im interested to see how aggressive these razors are, obviously i will take my time and work up to the most aggressive mode

really like the weight and colour of it, obviously colour is more down to personal preference

anyways i'd like to hear your thoughts about it...

IMG_20201205_101242__01 (770 x 1215).jpg

IMG_20201205_100444 (2304 x 1056).jpg

IMG_20201205_100630__01 (1782 x 920).jpg

Ha the Merkur futur clone, its a well discussed razor, bought one 2 years ago I haven’t used it very often but it's not bad at all.. very efficient just make sure the blade alinement is correct and start at a low setting

Reactions: saj
Nice razor. Shaves well. Bought it couple of years ago for $8 delivered. Very good deal. I also have an original Futur and the differences do not justify $50 gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha the Merkur futur clone, its a well discussed razor, bought one 2 years ago I haven’t used it very often but it's not bad at all.. very efficient just make sure the blade alinement is correct and start at a low setting

sorry to be such a noob but i assume you mean as in the make sure the blade is out even on both sides?

Nice razor. Shaves well. Bought it couple of years ago for $8 delivered. Very good deal. I also have an original Futur and the differences do not justify $50 gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea thats what i wanted to know as to how it compares to the original merkur futur and if the price difference is justified

where did you get it for $8?

I've used mine for head shaves. It isn't my favorite because I have to work harder to keep angle consistent with it, but results were fine. I've not had any alignment issues, and it is pretty good about not clogging up too easily.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

if so, do any of you use it for head shaving?

The sticking point of head shaving is usually around the ears: you'll generally prefer a razor that is nimble and optionally has protected tabs, the Futur and its copy might thus not be the most perfect instrument for accomplishing this task.

However, in good hands any decent razor can do mostly anything, and a lot of head shavers just go along with whatever razor they picked for that day, too.

Meaning you can go all the way up to a straight or shavette.

It's mainly a matter of how much time you are OK with spending, and whether or not you get any enjoyment from the process: head shaving can become a way to extend the time, and increase familiarity with a new razor, which is a good thing in my book.

On an average day, my guiding principle is finishing my head shave with a high level of closeness, but also as quickly as possible. So I keep around a razor specifically for this task (it's a Mach 3 if anybody's wondering).

TL;DR yes, you can use the Futur, its copy, or any razor you are sufficiently proficient with, but it won't necessarily be the quickest or most satisfactory head shave of your life.

I have used it, just go slow and careful. Start w low setting. The major issue for me is that there is significan blade vibration...so it sounds and feels strange in the skull. In the alignment check, also check that the head is not crooked, that the space between the top and the bar is equal on both sided (these can be crooked).

okay so i just used the qshave for a head shave along with a gillette nacet razor,
baring in mind its the first time i was using the qshave as well as first time using an adjustable razor and first time using the gillette nacet bl;ades too

so it took longer then normal because like with any new razor and blade you need to figure out the angles and the sharpness etc etc

so i started off on the number 1 dial then went straight to max number 6 and tried the number 3 too,
i found number 1 way too mild, number 3 was a bit okay'ish i suppose and i think number 6 is the best option for my thick hair,
only negative i'd say about the razor is that the handle can be slippy when youve got wet hands and the lather etc too

i did get one slight cut but that was only on a spot i just forgot it was there lol

anyways all in all good razor for £20 odd quid

Top Bottom