What's new

Putting together a kit for person interested in DE Shaving

I would caution not to overwhelm a newbie with "stuff." What might we have thought at age 15 if our father had given us 10 items that he said were absolutely necessary for have a simple decent shave?

I would ask your friend what items he already uses, and what items he would consider to be absolutely essential?

I would be good to get some Black perspectives on the issue.

I would caution not to overwhelm a newbie with "stuff." What might we have thought at age 15 if our father had given us 10 items that he said were absolutely necessary for have a simple decent shave?

I would ask your friend what items he already uses, and what items he would consider to be absolutely essential?

I would be good to get some Black perspectives on the issue.

You will notice that I asked for some thoughts from black shavers and was also provided with links to previous threads that gave me some great perspectives for putting this kit together. When I first spoke with my friend he told me what he was using presently. I'm very happy with both the kit I put together because it offered a complete and quality setup at a pretty low price point. In addition, he has said the shave is definitely closer than with his carts. Now he just has to deal with the added time necessary just like the rest of us when we first started. That should come with practice. While I may not have converted him completely yet, I will chalk this one up as a success. I'm not going out and selling this hobby. I won't bring it up unless someone else brings it up first and even then they have to complain for me to even suggest something different than what they are already doing. Peace, out.

Top Bottom