What's new

Put That In Your Pipe and Smoke It!

Hi All,

I like to light up with a pipe full of tobacco and a glass of scotch to round out the day. I thought that since there are a number pipe aficionados on the B&B, I'd ask what's your favorite tobacco is.

My top choices are as follows:

- G.L. Pease Blackpoint
- Solani Silver Flake
- Mac Baren's HH Mature Virginia
- Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake
- McCllelland's Blackwood Flake
- Reiner's Long Golden Flake

As you can see, I'm partial to Virginia mixtures. So, what is your tobacco picks?

Last edited:
From a local shop by me (Faders) and a few not from them.

-Eastport
-Unique
-Butter rum

-GLP Westminster
-(forgot who makes it but my most fav.) Devils Holiday
-(forgot) Blue note
-(forgot) sweet melon

Last edited:
I'm still new to pipes but I've already got a few favourites:

Morning coffee - Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe (hopefully that might be one of the range coming back).

Daytime - Orlick's Bull's Eye/St Bruno (Flake or Ready Rubbed).

Evening - St Bruno or Prince Albert Choice Blend.

Although I'm currently smoking a bowl of Sam Gawith's Celtic Talisman and really liking it! :thumbup:

The St Bruno slightly wins as my "daytime/work" smoke as it tastes better, than the Bull's Eye, if I'm re-lighting after it's sat for a while.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Favorite #1 SG 1792
Favorite #2 SG Chocolate Flake
Favorite #3 C&D Exhausted Rooster

In that order. 1792 is like nothing else out there, and it is something you either love or hate. I like to save it for times when I just want to sit and relax with nothing else to do, and totally take in the experience.

Plus a couple honorable mentions
Lane 1Q
Boswells Berry Cobbler
Peterson Irish Flake

I've only been at this for a few months, but here's what I've been enjoying lately.

Pipeworks and Wilke Nut Brown Burley
Pipeworks and Wilke #191
McClelland Oriental #12
Mac Baren Navy Flake

It's too hot to smoke this time of year but here's what I was smoking before the weather turned...

Escudo
University Flake
Irish Flake

Well when I used to smoke, my favorites were

Dunhill Royal Yacht
Peterson Irish Flake
C&D Old Hollywood
C&D Haunted Bookshop

In that order

I have somewhat seasonal preferences outside of English blends. My summertime favorites currently produced/distributed.

SG Squadron Leader
SG grousemoor plug
C&D Old Joe Kranz
SG Navy Flake
Peterson's Irish Flake

As the weather cools some of those will change.

During the dy it is normally Carter Hall, Prince Albert, or some sort of mild aromatic. Evening time it is MacBaren Lumcake or Navy Flake.

My current favorites are:

GLP Haddo's Delight
SG Squadron Leader

I just finished a tin Haddo, so on to try something new...

LOL...where can I buy samplers of all these wonderful tobaccos!? :laugh:
Sometimes a local tobacconist will put together samples for you. Where are you located? I presume Calgary by your location statement. I might be able to send you a sample of a few I have on hand.

Sometimes a local tobacconist will put together samples for you. Where are you located? I presume Calgary by your location statement. I might be able to send you a sample of a few I have on hand.

Calgary sucks for pipe tobacco. I end up at Sheffields and Sons buying Peaches and Cream house blend. Seriously! :lol:

I would gladly pay for you any sample you may be able to provide!

Calgary sucks for pipe tobacco. I end up at Sheffields and Sons buying Peaches and Cream house blend. Seriously! :lol:

I would gladly pay for you any sample you may be able to provide!

No need for that, they're just single samples of a few tobaccos. I'll put something together this weekend. PM me with your address information.

Top Bottom