What's new

Put That In Your Pipe and Smoke It!

I have mostly been smoking Peterson and Ashton tobaccos as that is what the B&M near me sells but he is ordering all of the NEW Dunhill tobacs for me as well.

About 2 years ago the tabacco shop here went out of business. I contacted the owner to buy up a bunch of pipes, tobaccos and supplies. I ended up buying out their entire stock of pipe tobacco, including various tins of Davidoff and Cornell & Diehl. It ended up being about 35 lbs of pipe tobacco. I already had a pretty good pipe tobacco stock to begin with.:thumbup1:
Last year I met a man who owned a pipe shop about 10 years ago. He still has lot of stock left over . He has been selling me pipes and tobacco at the wholesale prices he paid about 10 years ago. I have been buying up his Stanwells, Savinellis, Comoy's, Ben Wades, Jobeys (I love Jobeys),and others I like the look of. I bought out his entire stock of tinned pipe tobaccos, mostly various G.L. Pease stuff like barbary Coast, haddo's Delight, and caravan. This stuff is about 10 years old, aging to a fine old vintage.

Anyways this is the stuff I like to smoke most when I get a chance to smoke:
CAO Natural Moontrance
Dan Tobacco Devil's Holiday
Samuel Gawith Firedance Flake
Davidoff Oriental
Davidoff Danish
G.L. Pease Haddo's Delight
Pipeworks and Wilke Cherry Cavendish
Prince Albert Cherry Vanilla:laugh:

About 2 years ago the tabacco shop here went out of business. I contacted the owner to buy up a bunch of pipes, tobaccos and supplies. I ended up buying out their entire stock of pipe tobacco, including various tins of Davidoff and Cornell & Diehl. It ended up being about 35 lbs of pipe tobacco. I already had a pretty good pipe tobacco stock to begin with.:thumbup1:
Last year I met a man who owned a pipe shop about 10 years ago. He still has lot of stock left over . He has been selling me pipes and tobacco at the wholesale prices he paid about 10 years ago. I have been buying up his Stanwells, Savinellis, Comoy's, Ben Wades, Jobeys (I love Jobeys),and others I like the look of. I bought out his entire stock of tinned pipe tobaccos, mostly various G.L. Pease stuff like barbary Coast, haddo's Delight, and caravan. This stuff is about 10 years old, aging to a fine old vintage.
Some guys have all the luck. :laugh: Good to hear that you got a great bargain for your tobacco and your pipes

Anyways this is the stuff I like to smoke most when I get a chance to smoke:
CAO Natural Moontrance
Dan Tobacco Devil's Holiday
Samuel Gawith Firedance Flake
Davidoff Oriental
Davidoff Danish
G.L. Pease Haddo's Delight
Pipeworks and Wilke Cherry Cavendish
Prince Albert Cherry Vanilla:laugh:

At least it all went to a good home! :001_smile

If you need a hand smoking it, I'm sure you'll find a few willing volunteers :lol:

Lucky man...I might have to hit you up when I recover from my recent acquisitions :lol:.
You wouldn't happen to have any Charing Cross would you? I hear they don't make it anymore.

I am not sure if I have any Charing Cross, is it a GLP blend? There is a man in Portland who has enough pipe tobacco to fill a refridgerator box. It is mostly Cornell and Deihl stuff, much of it still sealed and aged for 10 years. He is holding it for me, but wants $750 for everything. That is over 200lbs worth of premiuim tobacco. Can I smoke it all in a lifetime?? I bought a Saesini bent from him yesterday.

I am not sure if I have any Charing Cross, is it a GLP blend? There is a man in Portland who has enough pipe tobacco to fill a refridgerator box. It is mostly Cornell and Deihl stuff, much of it still sealed and aged for 10 years. He is holding it for me, but wants $750 for everything. That is over 200lbs worth of premiuim tobacco. Can I smoke it all in a lifetime?? I bought a Saesini bent from him yesterday.

Yeah, Charing Cross is a GLP blend:

Charing Cross

It's good stuff too, I love me some Latakia. I've been wanting to try out Haddo's Delight as well, but haven't bit the bullet yet. Never tried any Cornell or Deihl; I'll have to check it out though.

A

andrewgray

SG grousemoor plug
Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake
C&D Old Joe Kranz

Hey Daleroller, maybe we can do a group buy or something.

anyways here's what I like in no paticular order:
Dan Tobacco's Old Ironsides and Midnight ride
GLP Chelsea Morning, quiet Nights, Westminster, barbary coast, etc.
G&H brown bogie, rum twist, and Best brown flake.
C&D Bayou morning flake, Exhausted Rooster
McClellands 2015 and 5100.

Top Bottom