What's new

Public Restroom Habits...

I've seen all of these. Just curious - when in in a public restroom, do you:

• Bring reading material/shuffle papers?

• Talk on the phone?

• Assume stealth mode until everyone leaves?

• Take food in with you?

• Go in to kill time at work?

• Scrapbook

• Run a numbers racket

• Do a clay mask and exfoliate?

• Suduko

• Browse B&B

• Knitting/embroidery

• Other. Explain.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I get in and get out. I definitely do not bring food in. I read at home but not in a public one.

I've got to ask, what prompted this poll?

...never mind, am not sure I want to know. :scared:

Maybe Steve has observed his co-workers doing all of the above and wants to know if it is common practice.

I'm amazed at how many people I work with bring their BlackBerry and the WSJ in with them. Like it's a freakin meeting.....drives me nuts. Get in, take care of business and get out.

Now, if you're at home, whole other ballgame brother. By all means, set up camp. :)

Last edited:
I have gone stealth before but normally I get in and out quick. From time to time I have been known to text or check an email though...

Get in, get out. I got ticked off one time - had to use the restroom at a coffee house and it was a single seater that was occupied. Waited and waited and waited, then gave up on waiting, sat down and finished my coffee. As I sat there, a guy came out carrying a newspaper which he put back in the stack of reading material that the coffee house kept on hand.

That's gross. For single seaters, I only wait 2 minutes. The way I figure it, if they are in there longer, I don't want to follow.

Get in, get out. I got ticked off one time - had to use the restroom at a coffee house and it was a single seater that was occupied. Waited and waited and waited, then gave up on waiting, sat down and finished my coffee. As I sat there, a guy came out carrying a newspaper which he put back in the stack of reading material that the coffee house kept on hand.

:ohmy: Ok, I'm sufficiently grossed out now.

Public - Get in get out

Home - Leave me alone I will be out when I am good and ready and don't ask what I was doing in there!!!

Tom

Use the drying paper towel to open the door to get out. If the wastebasket isn't nearby I have to throw the towel on the floor. Why wash your hands if you handle the door to get out, especially in a restaurant? Voted other.

I go in there for one purpose and one purpose only to do my business. I WASH my hands afterwards. What is it with men not washing their hands afterwards.
Why would anyone want to talk on the cell phone while in the john?

I believe one of my worst public restroom experiences was at a Burger King. While using the restroom, an employee comes out of one of the stalls and leaves the room without washing his hands. Needless to say, we didn't eat there.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Mostly jut try not to touch anything, wash my hands thoroughly, and then try not to touch anything again.

Top Bottom