What's new

Proraso vs. Foamy menthol

I just got in a can of proraso red foam and have white arriving tomorrow or Friday from the Amazon prime day 40% off deal.
Haven't tried them yet but when I got the red in today it made me think and I tried my barbasol purple (my favorite so far besides the yellow which has been discontinued.) Granted it was just a 1 pass shave with my krona for work, it went fine. May keep the can thing going for rest of week and see where it goes.
I have the gillette foamy green but haven't used it in years.
Proraso I got in smells great and want to try the green foam too but it wasn't on special today with prime day. Just the red and the white. I will say it feels much more slick and rich than barbasol. But also alot more expensive.
But if you have the same prime day deal where you are maybe grab one for the 40% off.

Edit: the reason I like the purple barbasol is it has every extra ingredient the others currently available do all in one.
Not sure if it has the lanolin like the yellow does.
If they still sell arctic chill maybe try that one. Where I am no stores carry same ones and some like arctic chill and pacific rush are harder to find. But the purple has the aloe like green and all the other stuff as the others, just in one can.

I agree, but since I wanted to try it, $5.40 a can was the best deal I've ever seen to be able to try it

Yep.. I agree with best deal so far. Aside from a Marshall’s or TJmaxx find.

After the “closures” in my area, I could get Proraso (Bigelow) at Bath & Body works for $5. I grabbed a can and a tube for that price.

Yep.. I agree with best deal so far. Aside from a Marshall’s or TJmaxx find.

After the “closures” in my area, I could get Proraso (Bigelow) at Bath & Body works for $5. I grabbed a can and a tube for that price.
Yeah I had to pay $9 for the green since it isn't part of the deal, but let's be honest, the way that we spend money in this hobby it's no big deal.

It is a moot point. Gillette has discontinued their foamy menthol. I wish I had a can or two. Barbasol Pacific Rush just doesn't have the kick I like in a menthol. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a case..yes a CASE..of the Foamy Lemon Lime, which is also discontinued. I like it in the warmer weather as I did the menthol.

It is a moot point. Gillette has discontinued their foamy menthol. I wish I had a can or two. Barbasol Pacific Rush just doesn't have the kick I like in a menthol. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a case..yes a CASE..of the Foamy Lemon Lime, which is also discontinued. I like it in the warmer weather as I did the menthol.
Ooooooo I would love if they started making the lemon lime again :-(
Alas it seems arctic chill isn't made any ore either as I can find it anywhere. Not even Amazon. On amazon I can still find the yellow barbasol which was discontinued years ago, although at a crazy price. I have one can of arctic chill I got years ago when I wanted to collect one of each.
It seems when they added the menthol and caffeine to pacific rush they stopped making the arctic chill. My can of pacific rush doesn't have menthol or caffeine in it :-/
Arctic chill had a nice kick of menthol but I've heard the "new" pacific rush isn't very much menthol.

You can use whatever you like. I always found it interesting when people say theyd never use canned foam because it dries out their skin but have no problem using an aftershave splash that is loaded with alcohol.
Canned foam is fine. Every year millions and millions of men shave every morning with canned foam because its quick, easy and it works. Soap and a brush is nice but its not a must.

Top Bottom