What's new

Proraso red aftershave

$image.jpeg

I posted it because it was awesome. But I think it's only about $65 awesome, not $150 awesome.
Ordered my bottle of aftershave. I really wish they would come down on that dispenser price.

Last edited:
In timely fashion for my “All Italian” month:

View attachment 664162

Today was a non-shaving day for me. But as the elusive Red ASL was now in my hands, I had to sniff it and test it regardless.

Sniff test 1:
Not a very strong smell, but my immediate first impression “ewwww.”

Face test 1:
The smell changed instantly. I like it. The “on face” smell (for me) is very pleasant. It’s certainly different to the “soap” smell, but a complementary different. I have no idea how to describe it.

The “face feel” is excellent. Now, 9+ hours later my face still feels pampered, and the pleasant smell, although faint, is still there.

Sniff test 2:
The “ewwwwness” seems to have disappeared. It’s quite nice now. I guess this is going to be one of those ASLs that “grow on you,” so to speak.

In timely fashion for my “All Italian” month:

View attachment 664162

Today was a non-shaving day for me. But as the elusive Red ASL was now in my hands, I had to sniff it and test it regardless.

Sniff test 1:
Not a very strong smell, but my immediate first impression “ewwww.”

Face test 1:
The smell changed instantly. I like it. The “on face” smell (for me) is very pleasant. It’s certainly different to the “soap” smell, but a complementary different. I have no idea how to describe it.

The “face feel” is excellent. Now, 9+ hours later my face still feels pampered, and the pleasant smell, although faint, is still there.

Sniff test 2:
The “ewwwwness” seems to have disappeared. It’s quite nice now. I guess this is going to be one of those ASLs that “grow on you,” so to speak.

Thanks for the website. Just ordered one myself.

Got this today. Is this the same formula as the one that had the paper label? I Think the Red Soap smells more like cinnamon than Sandalwood. I might be alone here but this AS smells like some 60's men's cheap cologne like maybe "Canoe". For me it's in that sickly sweet ballpark. What's the Green AS or the balms in their line like?
1611286512095.png

Got this today. Is this the same formula as the one that had the paper label? I Think the Red Soap smells more like cinnamon than Sandalwood. I might be alone here but this AS smells like some 60's men's cheap cologne like maybe "Canoe". For me it's in that sickly sweet ballpark. What's the Green AS or the balms in their line like?
View attachment 1211633
Green is Eukalyptus and Menthol, a fresh summer scent.
I use the red/Sandalwood for the colder season.

I ordered a bottle of Proraso Red splash from Amazon - it will be here later this week. I tried the Proraso Red cream today and really like the sandalwood scent much more than that of Cremo's or AoS's sandalwood offerings.

I did the same thing

After my first Proraso Red cream shave. I had to get the aftershave as well.

While I'm not into sandalwood scents much. I really like Prorasso red's version.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Probably a question answered already but did proraso revise their formula with the new bottles? Or is it the same.

Top Bottom