What's new

Proraso Pre/Post vs. Liquid cream A/S

Hi all,

I have recently discovered the joys of Proraso soap (awesome - better then many of my more expensive soaps).

I want to try one of their A/S products.

So, how does the Pre/Post compare to the Liquid Cream ASB in terms of scent, feel and performance?

Thanks!

John

Just different. The pre post used post is more mentholy and soothes as a cream as well. Takes quite a while for the menthol to fade and it feels as smooth as a balm or moisturiser. I find it best to apply with damp hands or you can get too much on and I get the same feeling as when I've slapped on bad moisturiser.

The liquid is more freshly scented, but it doesn't last, has no menthol and soothes like a good balm.

I like and use both, but not at the same time.

Both are excellent performers. The pre/post has much more menthol scent than the ASB, which is more neutral. I tend to use the pre/post as a pre shave only. As the other post said the menthol effect is pretty long lasting. I'll use the ASB afterwards and it does a great job of soothing and moisturizing. To top it off, I'll also use the splash which I find has a different, but excellent scent (though not long lasting unfortunately) and has a bit of cooling effect but by no means anything quite like the pre/post or shave cream/soap.

Both are excellent performers. The pre/post has much more menthol scent than the ASB, which is more neutral. I tend to use the pre/post as a pre shave only. As the other post said the menthol effect is pretty long lasting. I'll use the ASB afterwards and it does a great job of soothing and moisturizing. To top it off, I'll also use the splash which I find has a different, but excellent scent (though not long lasting unfortunately) and has a bit of cooling effect but by no means anything quite like the pre/post or shave cream/soap.
Yeah, I agree here too. I use the pre post as a pre shave all the time, only occasionally as a post.

I like to use the splash and balm - great together. But I splash first, balm second. You can't have too much Proraso, they are all great products. If it wasn't for TABAC!, I wouldn't use anything else.

I really like the Pre/Post as a Pre-shave. The balm is a good one for the world of balms and the splash is fantastic as well.

John IMHO you can't go wrong with the liquid cream. Start out with a very small drop or two and see how far it goes. I find that I'm able to cover my mug quite well with less than a dime size pour. It sinks in VERY well and leaves me with a very soft powdery face. Last year I used this after every shave and only went through half a bottle. Great choice.

Like many of the members above, I too have found the pre/post to be very cooling, soothing, and moisturizing. My girlfriend thinks it smells a little weird, but I find I can apply an aftershave shortly after applying pre/post and mask the smell. I have never used the liquid a/s, but I have considered it. I did ask for some gift certificates to a few online shave shops for X-Mas this yea...:001_smile

Im a sucker for the Pre-Post cream, gets me into the mood that whole lot more *Cue Barry White*... Mainly use it as a Pre-Shave, but i have found that it does work wonder's on razor burnt area's before bed time etc. The cooling sensation relieves it alot.

Balm's dont really interest me at all.. You cant go wrong with the A/S splash!! Its quite great!! :w00t:

Top Bottom