What's new

Proraso red (sandalwood): cream vs soap

I tried a sample of Proraso red cream and liked the scent. I plan to buy a full size container of the cream or soap. Is either the soap or cream considered to be better, or is it just a YMMV sort of thing? Thanks

i like both. i find cream easier to use, but something about loading from puck is more part of experience. they only $10 each so why not get both.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I tried a sample of Proraso red cream and liked the scent. I plan to buy a full size container of the cream or soap. Is either the soap or cream considered to be better, or is it just a YMMV sort of thing? Thanks
A personal choice only, Sir. My pick is the cream, not because better in performance (they are equal) but just because of the much nicer packaging: the metal tube is way more beautiful and Old School than the plastic jar.

I carry a tube of the cream in my travel shaving kit.....so much more convenient to use and carry. Once in a while I will get it out and use it while I'm at home, just b/c I love the scent. I have noticed lately though that the lather I produce isn't quite as
good.....not as thick and rich, and a little on the watery side. Does anybody else notice that? Also, I seem to remember that I switched from the soap to the cream b/c the soap formula seemed to change a couple of years ago and it too became harder to produce a good lather.....Anybody else experiencing this, or is it just my imagination????

I carry a tube of the cream in my travel shaving kit.....so much more convenient to use and carry. Once in a while I will get it out and use it while I'm at home, just b/c I love the scent. I have noticed lately though that the lather I produce isn't quite as
good.....not as thick and rich, and a little on the watery side. Does anybody else notice that? Also, I seem to remember that I switched from the soap to the cream b/c the soap formula seemed to change a couple of years ago and it too became harder to produce a good lather.....Anybody else experiencing this, or is it just my imagination????
Tube creams can separate over time if you are not careful...this happens over the long term so if you are using it up in a normal way it's not a big concern.

My two recent tubes of Proraso lather up just fine. I don't have any recent plastic bowls to comment on. Proraso changed the formula several years ago now. It used to contain SLS when I first started DE shaving and the tube cream was thicker once lathered up. Lather on the current stuff is fine though, from what I understand they just updated the formula to take out ingredients people complained about and to make it more friendly to cart shavers and folks that don't have a brush. I am guessing the single blade stuff is more like the cream used to be 15 years ago. Haven't tried the current single blade cream though.

Normally I’m a soap person but when it comes to Proraso I’m in the cream camp. Not sure why but there’s something about their creams that I really enjoy

Top Bottom