What's new

Proraso Green Appreciation Thread

This is one of the first products I bought in 2012. This is the second bottle, bought in 2015 I think, and still has plenty in it.

To be honest, I wasn't a fan back then. I gave my first bottle to my brother. Lately, I use it very often.

I like the scent and the relatively intense menthol kick. I can find it locally for cheap, it's a classic and reminds me of my first days in the hobby.

One of the many must-try lotions. I prefer it to many others (Floid Vigoroso, La Toja lotion etc.).

(I'm sure most of you have already tried this product, but it doesn't hurt to remember a few good and affrodable products!)

proxy.php

I’ve never used the AS, but regularly use the shave cream. Does the AS smell just like the cream/soap? If so I. Ant really see myself wanting to smell like that all day....

Don’t get me wrong I love the green cream but the scent isn’t what I think of for aftershave.

The AS does not smell like the shave cream. It's a much lighter scent with a different profile. It's a good performer as far as being refreshing and face feel. Scent is short-lived.

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The venerable Marco has advised on a recent thread that he's nicknamed this "ever green"

Frankly a must have.

Agreed! I will always have this in the shave den. I've liked and enjoyed a bunch of others aftershaves, but this is a staple. I wasn't keen at first, but it has become irreplaceable to me. I've enjoyed other drugstore/drugstorish aftershaves, like Booster (various scents), Clubman, La Toja, Speick, Floid Blue and Pitralon, but this is the one I like best for scent and performance.

Add a little glycerin to your hand before you pour the a/s in it.Massage your hands together and run them through your hair for a cooling hair tonic with light hold .

also it pairs well with Pecksniff's Classic edt and Classic match Polo clone

Great thread!! I have used three 100 ml bottles of this great juice and am working my way through the 400 ml bottle right now. The balm is great as well.

Great thread!! I have used three 100 ml bottles of this great juice and am working my way through the 400 ml bottle right now. The balm is great as well.

+1! Slowly working my way through the 400 ml bottle also!! GREAT JUICE!! :a29::a29:

A terrific splash! It’ll always have a place in my den. I agree with others that the scent profile is different from the cream. Which is a big plus for me. I find the balm is a dead ringer to the smell of the soap, but the splash is very different.

I do wish the scent was more fleeting and longer lasting however.

I appreciate Proraso green, but I much preferred the original formula(not square bottles) which was less oily and more medicinally scented.

My favourite aftershave. I love the scent, and then I love the way the scent disappears.

Doesn’t matter how nice something smells, I get tired of smelling it after a few hours.

Top Bottom