What's new

Proraso Cream vs. Proraso in Tub

Hi all,

I have a tub of the eucalyptus/green tea Proraso shaving "soap" (in quotes because its soft consistency leads some to say it's halfway between soap and cream). I've never gotten spectacular results from it. The lather seems to be difficult to get right- it seems dry, dry, dry, until the tipping point is reached and then it's far too wet. :001_rolle Is the tubed cream another thing entirely?

Conversely, I've had great luck with Tabac soap, and O Melhor and KMF lime on the cream side of things.

Just wondering if perhaps I'm doing something wrong or if perhaps the Proraso soaps don't live up to the rep of the creams.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I used both, cream and soap and didn't get any problems with it. The cream is easier to work with but the soap gives excellent results!

I've had some of my best shaves with the Proraso Aloe and Green Tea shaving soap. I charge my damp brush right in the tub, and then whip it in a bowl, adding water as needed until the lather is perfect. My only knock against the stuff is that it really doesn't have much of a scent to it.

Treat the Proraso in a tub like a soap. What works for me is the following:
- add hot water to tub of Proraso soap
- shower
- decant water from tub
- lather & shave

Equally as easy to lather as the cream once you get the right amount of water in there.

Remember that the main difference here is that one is a cream and the other a soft soap. Soap needs water to dissolve, so use a wet brush. I find that both the soap and cream lather equally, and a tub of soap gives me many more shaves than a tube of cream.

Top Bottom