What's new

Progress Question

Is the Progress at some setting pretty much the exact same as the HD shave wise?

Yes and no. At 3 setting it's similar with the HD, however the Progress still bends the blade a little more than the HD, the difference is not significant though.

Regards,
Alfred

Hard to say. Some Progresses are calibrated differently, so my 3 on my Progress would be different to your 3. Just play around with it and find a setting you like. Its a nice razor, alot heftier then a HD.

So whatever the actual # setting it might be, I can buy a progress and i would no longer need to keep the HD (if I'm trying to find the best shaver, not start a collection)?

So whatever the actual # setting it might be, I can buy a progress and i would no longer need to keep the HD (if I'm trying to find the best shaver, not start a collection)?

Well everyone's different, but I've totally switched from the HD to the Progress.

Why are you considering the Progress? What issues are you having with the HD?

I'm not really having any issues with the HD.. I just wanted to try some other razors and am a bit of a minimalist.

I'm not really having any issues with the HD.. I just wanted to try some other razors and am a bit of a minimalist.

In that case, I'd say go for it. It seems like "6 eggs, or 1/2 a dozen" to me. Except for the fact, that's it's an adjustable. If you are good with "#3" then, don't exceed it. That would be my advice.

Also with an adjustable, if you need to "dial it down" for say the neck, you can. The skin can tend to be a little more sensitive there, and perhaps more passes are required to get a shave that is "smooth as glass."

That's my take on it.

As always, YMMV.

J

Jarmo P

Progress is not the same razor as HD in any setting!
The guard is different. Even though they propably have the same top, except the notch in Progress.

My HD is even with blade gap. I can shake it after shave how ever I please and it stays even. My Progress's blade gap varies from left to right and though it is an ok shaver, it cannot match my HD in the quality of my shaves.

One part in my opinion could be also that I think an adjustable rather a toy than as much a precision intrument as a fixed head razor. So I have not concentrated perhaps enough on my shaves with Progress.

Top Bottom