What's new

Products from Mexico

I don't think you’ll find something specific from Mexico.

Disposables are cheap so the only wet shaving products in terms of razors or soaps will be at old school barbershops, and those are hard to find nowadays in Mexico since beauty salons have taken over and most of them offer cheap haircuts for men to keep afloat since women are not able to afford getting their hair done regularly like in more economically developed countries.

In my hometown in Mexico, the old school barber I used to go was supplied with unlabeled soaps and big jars of aftershave to lower cost so he didn't know of a specific brand so out of curiosity I ask him to let me inspect what he was using and realized it was just williams soap and Pinaud Clubman.

So I suspect you wont find anything other than what you can find readily available here in the U.S.

The Zote pink soap generally used for laundry makes a fantastic lather. Seriously. I have used it for years to get blood stains from training gear. I don't like the smell though. Citronella. It is also very drying on your skin.

It probably is a good shaving soap if you can get past the smell as well as the idea of shaving with a cheap laundry soap bar.

Top Bottom