What's new

Problem with Barrister and Mann Soaps

I think these two are my front runners. Has anyone tried the Petrichor?

I have the petrichor, in fact shaved with it just this morning. The scent is wonderful and the description is spot on, smells just like it does after it rains. The scent is not as strong and in your face as some of the others such as roam or their fougères, but it is there in a pleasant and subtle way.

I recently acquired B&M Bay Rum soap & matching Kyovu aftershave on a B/S/T deal. As a lot of gun owners' bumper stickers say, you'll get that soap when you pry my cold, dead fingers from it...

I recently acquired B&M Bay Rum soap & matching Kyovu aftershave on a B/S/T deal. As a lot of gun owners' bumper stickers say, you'll get that soap when you pry my cold, dead fingers from it...
My first thought when I received my puck of B&M Bay Rum... I'm going to eat this soap! I refrained, settling instead for the wonderful shaves it delivers.

Samples recently came in for me too. I'm still new, but so far this has been the easiest to lather and by far the slickest. No drying on my face either. Using Marcos method and so far am very happy with the results.

i was thinking about getting the sample pack but when samples are at a certain price point, sometimes I just go for the puck that I think I'll like best...so I'll likely just go with cheshire.

Seville is really nice, and works well in any season, any weather. Some of the others do, too, but that one is a great every day driver.

As noted above, Will has some interesting sandalwood and vetiver scents coming out, plus seasonals, plus some re-releases, so keep your powder dry.

+1. Can't go wrong with Seville.

Orignal release was tallow, I have a jar of it though I haven't tried it yet. The follow up batch is vegan. Will makes an excellent vegan soap, I am just now finishing of a jar of Fougere Aromatique in the vegan version. Its been an excellent soap but if forced to pick I would have to say the tallow version performs slightly better for me.

Orignal release was tallow, I have a jar of it though I haven't tried it yet. The follow up batch is vegan. Will makes an excellent vegan soap, I am just now finishing of a jar of Fougere Aromatique in the vegan version. Its been an excellent soap but if forced to pick I would have to say the tallow version performs slightly better for me.

To tell you honestly I haven't tried a tallow soap before. All the soaps I get are vegan soaps. I just found out about B&M just recently.

I have the tre citta tangerine, unscented and lavanille now. I can't wait for Will's fall scents.

Got my B&B sampler yesterday, shaved with solstice this am, SUPER impressed by the lather and slickness, the scent was too late for my liking... UNTIL I started going through the day and all of a sudden the light scent bloomed into happy goodness all around my head.

Came home to buy a selection including solstice, one of the new vetiver, petrichor, and lavanille. Unfortunately the lavanille was already sold out 😢

Got my B&B sampler yesterday, shaved with solstice this am, SUPER impressed by the lather and slickness, the scent was too late for my liking... UNTIL I started going through the day and all of a sudden the light scent bloomed into happy goodness all around my head.

Came home to buy a selection including solstice, one of the new vetiver, petrichor, and lavanille. Unfortunately the lavanille was already sold out 😢

When I first tried b&m I was impressed with the soap.

Lavanille is super duper nice. The scent is something you have to get used to. When I first opened the tub and smelled it, it wasn't my favourite but when I did my first shave and lathered...THE SMELL BLOOMED. It was great.

Will should be making another batch of it. Check back in a few days? I think he said he will keep making them if the demand is high.

Top Bottom