What's new

Premium Shaving stuff in Kansas City??

I have Monday off from the banking world and was going into the city to run some errands.

Does anyone know of some places to get any of the "three T's" or other premium brands while I am there?

Thanks,

EBE

I haven't looked for a year or more. Here's the little bit that I know:

There's a Crabtree & Evelyn at Oak Park Mall. They carry their own brand of shave cream, which a lot of people like. Haven't tried it myself.

I checked Macy's several months ago. They had some pretty expensive creams that I hadn't heard of and didn't want to gamble my money on.

Diebel's Sportsman's Gallery on the Plaza carries straight razors and Col. Conk, I have heard. They also have a smaller store at 119th and Roe, which doesn't have the shaving stuff, or so I've heard. Haven't actually phoned them to ask.

Something that sounded promising, but didn't pan out: a tobacco store called Cigar & Tabac, at 105th and Metcalf. Some tobacco shops also carry knives and shaving supplies. Not this one, and the guy working there seemed kind of insulted that I even asked.

That's not much help, I suppose. If anyone stocks Taylor's, Trumper's, or T&H I'd sure like to know about it.

Nordstrom's at Oak Park Mall carries some Art of Shaving, but when I was in there last month the stock looked pretty weak. If you're there for the C&E, it would be worth checking to see if things have improved post-holidays.

Not to resurrect a dying thread!

However, Pinstripes, located on The Country Club Plaza carries Truefitt & Hill shaving creams & colognes.

Prices are $28 for Tubs & $18 for Tubes. I'm not 100% certain of the prices for colognes though.

The Diebel's Sportsman's Gallery located in Leewood Kansas does carry the same shaving products as the Plaza locations.

I live in KC and just made a trip to the Plaza because my C&E samples are almost gone. The C&E is in a mall in the middle of suburbia, which I avoid like the plague. The good news is that the Plaza has this:

Diebel's - yes, they still carry Colonel Conk soaps. Currently they are carrying Bay Rum, Almond, Lime, and Amber. There's a small variety of colognes and aftershaves as well. Razors and brushes are under a display case. I purchased a small cake of Colonel Conk Bay Rum for $3.50. What a deal.

Pinstripes - yes, they carry Truefitt and Hill. The sales people there are birds of prey.

Halls - The men's section in the basement has a wide variety of colognes and shaving creams. They have four flavors of Eshave creams - Cucumber, Almond, Floral, Citrus. The large tubs are $20, small rubs $13. I got a small tub of the Floral. It smells mostly like roses.

All in all, it was great to see all this wet shaving stuff available five minutes from my house. The only thing I didn't see were blades, but we all know where to find those.

Tomorrow morning should be nice!

I am late to this one but had to thank Chewokka for mentioning Hall's. I go there when we hit the Plaza but did not notice the eshave creams. Maybe they are a recent addition.

Magruder. Cigar and Tobacco one of the last great smoke shops around. I've no idea if you talked to the owner or an employee but I love that place. It is a smoke shop first and foremost but I am sorry you were kind of rebuffed. We used to have one called "George's Pipe Shop" over here in Lawrence but it disappeared over 20 years ago. It was like stepping back in time about 100 years. It even had the hand carved wooden indian out front. A sad memory now.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom