• Lincoln

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Saphir

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other (please write in response)

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
Hi All!

I recently saw the thread where the Kiwi Polish had gone bad. All I've ever used is Kiwi Parade Gloss. I'm always going after mirror shine, but it seems like there might be something better out there. What is your preferred shoe polish?

I just realized I really need to do a better job at paying attention to what sub I'm in. Sorry:a49:

Saphir and Lincoln are still good. I also like ( in any color ) :
po1.jpg
po3.JPG
po4.JPG
po6.JPG
po67.JPG

back when, we all used Lincoln wax for spit shines. now I've got Saphir. I haven't touched Kiwi since the early 90s.

Step One: Brush off loose particles
Step Two: Saddle Soap
Step Three: Mink Oil
Step Four: Polish if needed

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I bought some Allen Edmonds polish a few years ago and like it.

Lots of shoe companies sell polish under their own brand, and it tends to be re-branded polish from one of the "big" polish companies. I suspect most shoe companies looking to source polish for rebranding will want to get "at least good quality" polish ... no idea where AE gets their polish, but glad to hear it worked well for you.

KIWI . . . never had to advertise about "military grade", or nonsense like that, in order to get people to use it. And, if my CSM didn't find any flaws, that is all the recommendation I need.

Kiwi, but back in the day, another brand predominated locally. Think it was called Griffin. Went to Kiwi because that's what the store had.

It's not the polish.
It's the polisher.

Saddle soap, Kiwi, and edge dressing with decent horsehair daubers and brushes is good enough for a spit shine + preserve/protect.

The higher end brands do come in more shades and colors. Matching the polish to the color of the leather is probably more important.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom