What's new

Precision cutting and shave for beards

Hi,

I'm looking for a beard styler recommendation. My grooming habits get quite intricate, and the grooming tools that I have don't provide the filigree that I need. I have a Phillips TT2040, and a nose hair trimmer from Remington. The Remington has a precision cutting head. However that head neither shaves, nor does it cut close enough. I'm trying to shave an Iron Man. Whoever attempted to try this beard knows how detailed the little bits are. Shaving with the DE is tough, works well. Only the corners and sides of the beard are not as sharp as I'd like them to be.

Has anyone got a product I can check out? I looked at Wahl products, but they have so many that I couldn't decide which one to get. I'd pay the shipping costs for something that is of good quality.

Thank you!

Last edited:
While I've never done anything as complex as you are doing, the Wahl line has always served me well. I prefer the corded versions, I think they last longer than the rechargable ones, for obvious reasons. I don't think any are going to be shave close, however, and you will have to do some sort of blade shaving as well. If a cartridge style head would be easier than a bulky DE head, I'd recommend the Gillette Guard for that. For true precision, straight razors or shavettes are an option as well.

Good points. Do you have a specific recommendation for Wahl? I think I just write them an email, to be honest...

Good points. Do you have a specific recommendation for Wahl? I think I just write them an email, to be honest...

I haven't bought one in quite a while now. My goatee is to the point I maintain it with scissors, and don't need anything more. Sending them an email sounds like a great idea to get a good feel for the different options.

I just bought the Wahl Combo 3120 (also listed as 79450 on Amazon) a few months ago for $20 CAD. For haircuts, beards and "intimate" trimming, it works for me....and the wife:thumbup1:

Wahl's are great. When I had a beard they let me keep it up neat and tidy. I would combine the Wahl with a razor on the neck and cheeks. My Wahl lasted for years.

I just bought the Wahl Combo 3120 (also listed as 79450 on Amazon) a few months ago for $20 CAD. For haircuts, beards and "intimate" trimming, it works for me....and the wife:thumbup1:

That looks good. I like how Amazon bundles it with a router and a Micro SD card. http://cl.ly/image/0c162e17090a

Sadly couldn't find it on German's Amazon website. I contacted Wahl directly now, let's see what they're saying. Thanks for all the help, guys! Much appreciated!

Top Bottom