What's new

Pre shaves do you use it

I prefer a warm shower, then I wash my face with CeraVe and get on with my lather! KISS works for me. :a29: :a29:

I wish I could get away with that. I know many people THINK they have sensitive skin when they get into DE shaving because their prep and technique sucks. I feel confident after over 4 years in stating that I really DO have sensitive skin...I shave with very mild razors, sharp blades, good technique and prep. Even so, if I don't use a preshave, my face feels irritated quickly.

No, don’t use them. I tried a couple over the years and never noticed a benefit. Just a shower and shave. The later is enough for me.

Well. Actually i use a preshave oil with aggressive razors or shavettes.
I think as well if you have a proper soap you don't need a preshave oil.
This is just my opinion due to my practice.
Sorry for my English. Maybe sometimes i don't use the proper words or sentences

The only preshaves I have are the three proraso(red,green,white).I only use them with the proraso croaps not the proraso creams as I dont find it necessary.Performance is improved and the post shave hydration feeling is better.

I do not use any pre-shave. I've found that with a properly hydrated lather, there should be zero need for pre-shave*. Why the astrix? Because when I lived in an area with extremely hard water, it made getting a proper lather a nightmare, and in this case, a pre-shave would be helpful.

TOBS Jermyn St Pre-Shave Gel + La Toja Stick was absolutely amazing this evening.

I have sensitive skin and prone to a bit of razor burn under my neck and wow, this combo was perfect. Lather was slick, face was well hydrated before and after. Couldn’t ask for a better first experience using the gel.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Sorry for my English.

Your English is excellent. Your choice in Metallica songs is even better.

Or leave your lather on for Gillette's proscribed three minutes.

I must‘ve screwed up reading their abstract (and not on purpose to push my agenda), but I thought they recommended three minutes soaking (hot towel, shower, water-boarding…) before the lather.

Did I screw that up? Because three minutes of letting lather soak into my whiskers is medicine I can take.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Your English is excellent. Your choice in Metallica songs is even better.

I must‘ve screwed up reading their abstract (and not on purpose to push my agenda), but I thought they recommended three minutes soaking (hot towel, shower, water-boarding…) before the lather.

Did I screw that up? Because three minutes of letting lather soak into my whiskers is medicine I can take.

I'm pretty sure I understood "leave the lather on three minutes," from the Olde Tyme barbershop-type adverts.

It's the best prep for me, when time affords. Lather up; do *something* that takes three minutes, run the brush around again, shave.

AA

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I don’t have good memories of Calgon, but remember my last Arko shave like it was this past Saturday.

One of my sons has an unusual pre-shave product or procedure. First, he wets his face and then he puts a tiny bit of shaving cream (he says Proraso works the best for him) onto his wet hands, rubs them together, and then massages it onto his face and neck. He then takes a brush loaded with soap and makes a lather on his face. I guess he is making a superlather but he insists that he will get a slick, smooth shave with any soap and that it works better than combining the soap and cream in a bowl.

Top Bottom