What's new

Potential bad news for the fans of Old Spice from India

I am more worried about P&G stopping production on the shave cream. I have years worth of vintage Old Spice that my grandpa gave me so I am pretty well stock on the aftershave. I have three tubes of the regular shave cream left and I am almost out of the Old Spice lime cream so I may have to stock up.

Hmm, that's worrying. I had been wanting to try Shulton Old Spice AS, but passed for now since I already have a ton of stuff arriving soon.

The article mentions that P&G is going to market Old Spice directly in India - hopefully they would just take over marketing the classic formula, instead of trying to push the new stuff in that market.

Great, now I'll need to reorder all my favorites. I don't use OS very often in, but I really like how the Indian version smells, it's exactly what I remember my grandfather wearing.

Hmm, that's worrying. I had been wanting to try Shulton Old Spice AS, but passed for now since I already have a ton of stuff arriving soon.

The article mentions that P&G is going to market Old Spice directly in India - hopefully they would just take over marketing the classic formula, instead of trying to push the new stuff in that market.

That is why I said potential. They may use the same contract manufacturers and just take over the marketing and distribution. P&G are building new facilities in Hyderabad so who knows, they may take over everything. Old Spice was the number one brand in India for a long while but it has languished for years now.

I will really hate to see anything happen to the older formula. Even though I am not a huge OS fan, I am one of those who immediately knew the difference between the old Shulton formula and whatever it is they now call Old Spice in American stores. The old stuff had a very deep spice note and was simply richer all round.

As classic as this scent is I cannot imagine if it ends production that it would be long before some enterprising Asian entrepreneur apes it and sells it under some moniker such as Ancient Spice or Oriental Spice. Very enterprising those Asians. Lets hope production and formula stays where it is now.

Cheers, Todd

Seems like everything good goes away. I would imagine that when P&G takes over the shave cream, body talc, Lime and Musk versions of their products will go away, right away. They'll probably concentrate on just the Original scent a/s and that'll be it, just like here in America.

I'd like to see P&G let go of Old Spice and let some perfumer house restore it to its greatness much like 4711 was rescued. It would be nice to be able to purchase a full range of OS products like our dads and grandads could. It would be nice to return to a nautical theme directed to mature men (mentally--not biological age) and steer away from the childish, immature slacker market they target now.

View the ads of OS from the past and compare them to the present. "Punch them in the piehole for Freedom"--What kind of ad is that for a men's product??

I'd like to see a return of sea captains, pretty ladies, Lime, Burley and shave soap. I'd like to see the demise of Swagger, Game Day, After Hours, Texter, Gamer, and Slacker scented products.

I almost forgot--a return of OS body talc and their old soap on a rope..These were great products.

One can only dream.

Marty E.

I journeyed over to Patel Bros Indian Market in Decatur yesterday, where I bought my first stock of Shulton-India Old Spice AS and SC flavors. They used to have stacks, but now they have none, and I'm totally disconsolate! At least they had in stock some different shave creams from last time I went, so I picked up Yardley Gold, Palmolive (in Moisturizing Deluxe and Refreshing Lemon), and good ol' Godrej. I even bought a tube of Axe Denim SC to try.

I know of one little Indian storefront near my dentist's office that had a pile of expired OS Original SC...but no aftershave. I still might have to raid them when I go for my next cleaning in January.

Seems like everything good goes away. I would imagine that when P&G takes over the shave cream, body talc, Lime and Musk versions of their products will go away, right away. They'll probably concentrate on just the Original scent a/s and that'll be it, just like here in America.

I'd like to see P&G let go of Old Spice and let some perfumer house restore it to its greatness much like 4711 was rescued. It would be nice to be able to purchase a full range of OS products like our dads and grandads could. It would be nice to return to a nautical theme directed to mature men (mentally--not biological age) and steer away from the childish, immature slacker market they target now.

View the ads of OS from the past and compare them to the present. "Punch them in the piehole for Freedom"--What kind of ad is that for a men's product??

I'd like to see a return of sea captains, pretty ladies, Lime, Burley and shave soap. I'd like to see the demise of Swagger, Game Day, After Hours, Texter, Gamer, and Slacker scented products.

I almost forgot--a return of OS body talc and their old soap on a rope..These were great products.

One can only dream.

Marty E.

I doubt we'll ever see our dream come true, but I'm right there with you, Marty.

Top Bottom